Bachmann annie custom articulated/ advice needed

DieselJeep

Hi all,

So for my birthday I picked up something I have wanted for 30 years. A bachmann 4-6-0. Luckily for me I waited 30 years, and got the  anniversary chassis. I discovered that I "overpaid" slightly(IF $150 for a g scale loco with very detailed side gear is too much). After the purchase, I discovered the bare annie chassis can still be had new for $45. So I bought two.

Anyways, I will be using the extra two chassis as the basis for a 2-6-6-2 (or the like) custom articulated.

My primary question is: can both chassis motors be wired together, so both drive sets will be powered?

2-6-6-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I will stick my neck out here and yes its possible, the main issue will be "synchronising" the 2 motors so that 1 will not be dragging the other. 

Depending on the control method something akin to treating the motors as 2 locos in an MU configuration may have to be employed because effectively they will be like 2 separate locos connected.