Superliner Observation car build

rbrown7713

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my solution to only having to use one row of lighting in the roof of the Superliner.  I have a strip of clear glass in the upper floor letting the light shine down to the lower level. Bob.

IMG_2014.JPG

Thanks Sean.  I just purchased some lighting from Rapido.  They call them Easy Peasy lights.  You just tape them on the roof and they are turned on and off by a magnet sliding it on the top of the roof. Can't get any easier than that.  The batteries are in the light strip.  There is another type that also tapes on the inside of the roof and as soon as the engine moves the cars,  the lights come on for three minutes, unless there is more movement.  Pretty neat. No batteries to mount, no switch to mount and no wires, wow. Bob.

Nice job on the Superliners. Have you thought about the original models built for Santa Fe? Being in California for a few months in 1994 it was still possible to see them intermixed with the newer ones.

I thought that I would use the supposedly advanced dry transfer decals and they are not worth the trouble, lots of work, and the procedure is not stable. I talked to the Pro-FX guy and he told me that it depends on how far you hold the spray and how many times that you spray the decal.  Well, not to convincing to me as to the ease of application.  I couldn't get it to work the second decal, so I went back to the tried and true water slide decal from Testors and they worked beautifully. I printed them out on an Alps printer. I waisted lots of money on that Pro-Fx kit.  Here is the Alps printed water slide decal 76, Bob.

IMG_2019.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so Sean. One good thing came out of having to fit the window frames inside of the Amfleet car.  They look better that way, so for the rest of the Superliner cars, I will be using that approach. My next car will be a transition Superliner coach. Bob.