Superliner Observation car build

rbrown7713

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is what I have been doing.  Since my molds are not exact, the sides have to be squared individually to fit properly.  My truck parts have been poured.  I have yet to pour all of the window frames. I have to cut the floors. It is going good, since I have taken time out to pour some parts for some heavyweights. Bob.

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

I can see right now that I had better start policing the area before I take a picture, boy, you don't miss a thing. That was left there for some wings that I made and they sure were good. Bob.

Yes Sean this hobby is fun and I enjoy it a lot.  I don't know if anyone is using any of my ideas, but I will continue to show what I do in hopes that they will.  How many members do you suppose make their own molds?, It would be interesting to know.  Bob.

Well, I have always been amazed at the detail of the Fineart models, so I found two Broadway Limited models that need repair and I bought them.  I am going to run them behind the T1, if they stay on the track. I will be showing them in the next few days. Bob.

Here are some pictures of the Fineart  cars that I bought.  I can't believe the detail.  Has full interior.  Harbor Springs and Federal view.  I know now why they aren't used much, they are very heavy,  must weigh 20lbs. each.  Bob.

IMG_2063.JPG

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

That is a good question.  The only thing that I have going for me is that my layout is flat and all of the cars have ball bearings.  If it won't, I will have to install a larger motor. Bob.

Well guys, the collector that I am buying these Broadway Limited cars from is creating a monster collector in me.  He offered me a FineArts T1 and I couldn't turn it down. If it works out, I will be the proud owner of this beautiful loco. Who has experience running these FineArt models, are they too finicky to regularly run? Bob.

• 2 weeks later...

I am changing my paint for the Superliner cars.   I tried Ace hardware chrome spray can to better represent polished stainless, Mirrored Silver.  Note the reflective results. Bob

IMG_2070.JPG

Here are a couple more pictures. Boy I like this paint. Usually silver paints are sticky for a long time, but this paint dries in 25 minutes and not sticky.  Ace Mirrored Silver. Bob.

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG