Superliner Observation car build

rbrown7713

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am starting a build of 4 Superliner cars. I will be building these like an assembly line to see if it is any faster. At least I won't forget how to sequence the build, but, there is a down  side.  If I make one mistake, it could mushroom into 4 mistakes, I shall see. Bob.

This Superliner project is definitely not for the lazy man. I have spent two days just removing flashing, and I am still not through.  I now have to make another 64 parts, or more, so I better get started. Bob.

Jerry, you sell your self short.  Don't know another lazy person who has built projects such as Rotary Snow Plow that actually does, or the diesel project from Bob Thon.  Or has had so much of their work published in print or on TV,  and has recently built a new layout and continues to improve it.  Donated equipment to non profit public locations for display which promotes our hobby.  Most recently teaching us how to do rivets.   How many of us can even say half of those accomplishments?  Didn't even mention your several other creative hobbies that you are active in.  

LiG

No, I didn't misunderstand. I too have lent some of my molds to other builders, including Jerry. I also have given parts to builders. Some of the builders that I have lent my molds have not returned them, so I make another. No big deal. I share what I do on this forum to promote scratchbuilding  to anyone that wants to use my information, but some of my molds are tender and not available to loan, so if you or Jerry are trying to embarrass me, sorry it won't work. I enjoy what I do and will continue to build. So, if you don't like my posts, rather than getting on my case, don't read my posts.  Bob.

Also to be clear.  Jerry and I have ribbed each other since I have been on this forum and that is what Jerry and I were doing.  There was no reason for anyone else to jump in, so you misunderstood Lig. Bob.

Yes that's true.  All of the molds that it takes to build a car are done. I don't know what I have gotten myself into. I will have to make  240 window frames alone, and cut 240 windows. Right now, I am doing body work on each car side, they look smooth, but they are not.  I will just keep making parts and then put them together. Bob.

The best  springs are the LGB springs in the picture. Evidently I have ordered to much urethane plastic. I have to use it up before it goes bad, so I pulled out my heavyweight molds and am going to pour some more parts as I need some more heavyweight cars  for one of my trains. Bob.

IMG_2055.JPG