Colorado Model Structures

Hi all - first time poster here, so hopefully this is in the right category!

Has anyone heard the fate of Colorado Model Structures?  Their website was operational last fall, but when I checked this week, it appears to be down (blank) and a call to the number on their Facebook page came up with the "this number no longer in service".  A real shame if they have gone out of business - they had unique structures that were well-made at a really reasonable price.   Would really appreciate an update if anyone has heard anything.  Hopefully someone could buy the molds and carry on.

Trent

I found this tid bit on MyLargeScale central

Ron Hill said:

Colorado Model Structures are temporary out of business. I talked to Bruce a month ago and his mold machine was down for parts. He said that if he could find parts he would be back in business. He is in his 70's and did not want to buy a $40,000 mold machine at that age. I asked about selling the business like Grandt Line did when they retired. He said no one had made an offer. Would be a good purchase if someone wanted to get in the supply end of model railroading. Bruce said if he could not find parts, the business would cease to exist.

• 2 weeks later...

That's too bad. I had one of their structures, but unfortunately I missed the memo about its suitability for outdoor use. Mine warped badly in the California sun. And then later it got stepped on. But for indoor use they were a great value, and it would be nice to see the line continue.

• 2 months later...

Posted today:

FOR SALE

All Manufacturing Equipment and Mold Plates.

$475,000
Pictures of all products produced and equipment
forthcoming.

13455 3740 Rd
Hotchkiss, CO 81419
(727) 389-0528
bwrouzer@gmail.com

$475,000.00...That's a lot of building to sell!

If I were to invest that kinda money into a large scale business think I'd start building locomotives...like a N&W J series.