Like buttons etc.

Sean

Hello

Thanks for this forum.. very nice members here .

Is it possible to have the option of liking something , thumbs up/down. so we can let the poster know how we feel, with out having to type out/use up space if a like etc. 

I like to watch builds and sometimes just a thumbs up will let them know how or others feel.

Thanks again for a great forum ..

Sean

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback.  

So far to-date, the like feature has been intentionally left disabled.  That feature does allow people to respond favorably to helpful posts, but the concern is it could also lead to folks in general to feel discouraged if they aren't getting likes on posts and thus be discouraged from even posting.  So it leads to additional dynamics that we have felt has been best left alone (for now).  

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the Webmaster.  We see enough negativity in the world, let's not bring it in to our fantastic railroad hobby. No matter what the project, all projects should be treated as important to the builder. Thumbs up are a positive gesture. If someone feels the need to have a negative view on someone's project, keep it to your self and don't make a comment at all unless the builder asks. It is difficult enough to build model trains, let's keep it on the positive side, that's my 2 cents worth, Bob.