Steaming in a pinch

Screwy Nick

The G5's servos and transmitter needed tuning, final run of last season was very poor.    I have an alternative when the weather just won't cooperate.  This one has a ceramic burner, makes a lot of heat, the cylinders hadn't warmed up yet. Yes, the beeping is the CO detector.      LiG

DSCN1938.JPG

Chuck, yes it is.  This one and the Dec both have ceramic burners.  Go red almost immediately and produce plenty of heat.  This is the best runner I have.  Can be a little hard to light, I bought a replacement kit for a gas grill starter, slide the probe down the flue, attach the other lead using an alligator clip to the brass in the cab, one push of the button, a pop and it is lit.   Brings up a full head of steam in about 3 minutes. LiG

Chuck,  I personally like the G5 much better than my Accucraft locos. The ceramic burner on the Wuhu doesn't need an exhaust fan like the Accucraft ceramic burner.  Body detail are about equal.  The only other Wuhu loco that I am familiar with is the Dec, so don't know how their other locos compare.  The G5 I have was hard to light with a flame at the smoke box that's why I now do it with piezo,  lights the first time. LiG