switcher build

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slowly moving ahead! I still have to scratch build the front steps, then mount the front coupler permanently. They are more vertical than the rear. At least I have one proto-coupler hooked up to drop off cars. It is a switcher after all!!

post-10-0-58708300-1420220518.jpg

post-10-0-92810700-1420220531.jpg

Well.... I got the electric couplers mounted and the pilots. The steps need some big work and all the rest of the finer detailing. I 'll probably just run her for a bit to see how she holds up.

Ahhh. I couldn't stand the look of the steps. So 8:00pm and I'm back at it.

post-10-0-56809100-1420854478.jpg

I'm working on the front step area. I have no real patience this deserves. I also have to fight my physical limitations. Some days I can't do anything. So when I get the desire, I have at it. Sometimes it's just a small piece. Sometimes I get a great deal accomplished. I guess the only way for me is to do it this way. There is some pride with seeing something you have built, at work on your RR.

For what it's worth, I'd rather buy it RTR!! :rolleyes:

post-10-0-65869800-1420946242.jpg

• 4 months later...

I abandoned all modeling to work on the layout. She's sitting there with her sister (SD70ACe). I will get them outside and take some more photos. Thanks for all the compliments. It's rewarding building from scratch. There are too many times I pull my hair out.