Sign in to follow this  
Screwy Nick

A-1-A Shark

Nice work. Does your workbench really look that neat, or do you just arrange it to make us slobs feel bad?  :Smirk_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

Jerry, that's just a small area that I cleared a bit.  Normally I put something down and spend the next 20 minutes looking for it again, and a screw that falls off the bench is just gone into an abyss.  Just yesterday I put a Dremel bit down on the bench, still can't find it.  LiG

Have made some progress. Rob sent a belly fixture with each shell. I cut and spliced them to make 3. The center is probably for batteries and the other two are fuel. The rear tank is a little bigger as it also feeds the steam generator, I think. Raining or I would have posted it on rails and running. Maybe a bit before I do that, taking a foster dog today, LiG

DSCN2178.JPG

DSCN2178.JPG

DSCN2179.JPG

Do you have a pick of one your using for reference that you would like to share ..That looks awesome ...  :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24):

Sean, this is the one I am using for the general dimensions.  Some other things are coming from pic's.   Suggestions or additional pics appreciated.    Thank you.   LiG

fullsizeoutput_420.jpeg

troop_train_04.jpg

Looking good!

Here's a pic I found that kinda shows the roofs...

13139275_1005391479553128_5122693267004634886_n.jpg.a9fdd3577a43ec69aa04e33f4d114d3b.jpg

Chuck, thank you,  I can get some detail out of it.  First thing I noticed is the raised panel in front of the windshield, what is it?  Nice lash up. LiG

Sean, comparing it to the one on my fathers old Dodge it is facing in the wrong direction.  It was suggested it may be a Sand Filler hatch cover.  LiG