Can't get started...

Arlon

Hi Guys & Gals, I guess some of us are still clicking. I was running my Mikado Saturday morning all was going well when my caboose disconnected and I stopped to put it back on. I had run for about 12 min. When I started back up I didn't have any locomotion, Fwd/Rev gearing was working, had 40+ lbs of pressure and blowing off.  Throttle was working fine. No motion. Anyone seen this problem before???

T.I.A.

Arlon R. Sibert :( :( :(

New to me. Mine has never done that. If you put a blow down valve on it, you could let off the steam some. Maybe some type of vapor block? If it still runs fine, just chalk it up to steam gods and have fun.  Were you able to push it any? Might check to make sure you are still quartered correctly. Look for loose nuts. No, not me!

Jerry,  Thanks for responding, Was able to steamup yesterday . Throttle shaft is working Servos respond. Manual mode ,both Fwd/Rev , Throttle work OK. When pressure gets to 40 and pops off from remote moving Mike by hand Fwd/Rev get some resistance from wheels and some sputtering from Cyl. but no desire to go either fwd/rev. I don't think it is getting full steam to cyl. When pressure is at Zero it moves freely by hand both directions. When Fwd is selected from remote and I manually pull in reverse wheels will go backward with a little resistance I wouldn't think they would turn backwards at all.. Same for going in rev. from remote. Maybe steam is blocked somewhere.

Arlon...

Should be able to find a steam guy there in Vegas. YYou read all the posts in the old Aristo steam forum? Some good info there. Might loosen the safety valve some to get higher pressure.  It's under the front dome.

If I may add:  if the pressure is 0 and you are able to move the wheels, but when in a direction the wheels are locked, sounds like you are getting steam on both sides of the direction valve, it may be lifting??  Since I don't have one and don't know the type of directional valving can't guess any further than that, sorry.   LiG