3D Printing Swiss Narrow Guage

Here are some pictures of my quarante project! I bought a 3D printer and have spent several months tweaking and making changes but I'm finally working on my first large scale model. I'm very excited about the ability to  make literally any locomotive I want now!

IMG_20200415_110313.jpg

IMG_20200604_122508.jpg

I will caution you to really consider if 3D printing is something you want to get into. My experience was that It absolutely wasn't plug and play ready right out of the box. There are a lot of little parts and there is a lot of constant trouble shooting and fiddling that needs to be done and results will vary from day to day depending on temperature and even humidity. If you are willing to spend the time and frustration involved it really pays off though!! The main problem is the type of plastic you need to use for G scale vs the more user friendly plastic that would work indoors for HO stuff. I'll be honest that If I knew someone that could print for me I would rather have just gone that route, but again if you are willing to stick it out it's a game changer! If you do end up buying one I'll of course be happy to help you out with the questions that no doubt will come up.