P42 Build

Just wanted to share some progress of a project I am working on with a friend. We are working on building Amtrak's P42 using 3D printing and laser cut metal. We are really trying to get into the details with this model including the production of a custom fan system which will run off a 5 volt motor in conjunction with a smoke unit. We are also toying around with the idea of using red and yellow LED's by the wheels to simulate sparks from the breaks. Take a look!

10.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Immagine.jpg

Here is my attempt at a 1:32 P-42,  Took an LGB 1:29 and sliced it down to a !:32 scale.  Not quite scale, wouldn't fool a model enthusiast, but it's OK for me. I made two of them. Bob.

IMG_0634.JPG.e18929a8a30f24058e6ea5bdcb871eeb.jpg

No, I sliced up two LGB p42's.  I reduced them down to 1:32 scale.  You can see the entire build, both loco's in the forum "kitbashing and model making"   Search,   "GE P42 phase VI kitbash or slice up"     there are 13 pages of records.GE P42 phase VI Kitbash or slice up