mth bigboy

dinoangelo

hi guys any good suggestions , on carrying this model to layout , i don't want to break anything, i 1st was lifting up directly under both sets of drivers which can be akward placing on track i have also just carried by approximate middle of boiler just above middle of both sets of drivers .just dont want to break anything need some kind of carrier/loader  any reccomendations do's or dont's  on this its not that it's heavy just a little long and being articulated  thanks   

I normally lift the engine with one hand from under the front of the boiler and the other inside the cab.  Alternately I will sometimes use one hand in the cab and rock the engine to one side and lift from the middle providing some support for front engine set.

I built a carrier for the engine. LocoCarrier.JPG.9e4e5e9a9d9e2dd81b819d5b31c71d92.JPGLocoCarrierBB.JPG.36a40533feabf0bc69a1698b33f8c5f4.JPG

Just 1/4" ply with some strips the right size to raise it off the rails. I changed it to velcro strips. Push it about halfway on the track, then lift the cab and remove the carrier. I did one for my Challenger also.

LocoCarrier-1.JPG