Aristo/Bachman Dash 9 coming

enginear joe

• 6 months later...

So a Bachmann interview a few days back revealed that the new Dash-9's will be offered in 2 different cab numbers per paint scheme...no release date given.

The Moguls are getting some tooling rework, a Pittman motor and metal gearing.

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

So a Bachmann interview a few days back revealed that the new Dash-9's will be offered in 2 different cab numbers per paint scheme...no release date given.

The Moguls are getting some tooling rework, a Pittman motor and metal gearing.

Wow, a pittman now days is getting rare. They are expensive.

I hate to see the new pricing. Remember the low blow out sale prices on this stuff?

• 1 month later...

Chuck, I had 4 of them, the last one was CP 8650, I bought in Canada, the whole postage was glued in stamps. I later gave everything and only have MTH, except an Aristo Gp 40 UP. The Dash 9 had cost 275 US dollars at Al Kramer, which is a big difference

Regards

Jan

C031E136-811C-4C05-9512-A56E51B1F131.jpeg

5A507B6D-C687-4B00-80E6-623AF1A92AE4.jpeg

3CB1BDD2-E279-43FE-8220-C6744D6F444C.jpeg

Jan, Wow look at all those stamps...and Kitty!!

Yeah I remember St. Aubin was blowing out Dash-9's at like $179.89 for SF Warbonnet and NS versions...those were the days!

• 1 month later...

Ok so yesterday I watched part of the online virtual World's Greatest Hobby Train Show. The Bachmann segment wasn't very informative concerning the Dash-9's. All they showed was a catalog page and remarked there will be 2 cab numbers in each roadname. They spent more time showcasing the Eggliners and insinuated that Bachmann came up with the idea.

Hi,

My Dash'9s had bad drives, the coating on the wheels went off, the middle axle was fixed, they soldered the contacts, like a few stumps. The wheel ran free in the air. Some gearboxes were very loud, there are more problems, I hope Bachmann does it better, but I don't think so.

Greets

Jan

• 9 months later...

Hi Chuck, thanks for  info. I suspect this is a pure clone of the Aristo, there are 20 years between, it should have improved a lot, the old problems will become the new ones. At the price I expect at least a decoder with Sound….

Greets

Jan