Removing lettering from MTH freight cars (w/o repainting)

Beginner question here.  I got a good deal on the MTH M&M's flat car/trailer combo and I plan to repaint the trailer to Fedex.  The first step I want to remove the M&M's logo from the flat car.  I know I could repaint the whole thing, but I actually like the color and unlike most more accurately detailed freight cars, it only has the M&M's logo in the center.  Is there a way to remove the M&M's logo without hosing the finish and paint around it?  After I figure this one out I will ask on advice for repainting the trailer.

Also any advice on where to get accurate one gauge scale decals to letter the flat car?

image2 (2).jpeg

image1 (4).jpeg

Most all MTH stuff I ever painted has a clear coat on it protecting the paint & lettering. Stripping the MTH factory paint is also a real chore as they use the toughest paint I've ever tried to remove. I resorted to blasting the paint off using a sandblast cabinet and baking soda as the media and it still takes forever.

Stan Cedarleaf is best for decals.

Thanks Chuck for your insights.  I suspected a coating on top of the lettering, but wasn't sure.  Since I don't want the hassle of repainting the car, sounds like if I can find a decal to place over it would be best.

Good to know that MTH does a good job on the paint - I had suspected it based on my experiences, but good to know its hard to remove.  When you repainted your car (after blasting it), what top coat finish did you use?  Matte or semi-gloss?

I'll checkout Stan Cedarleaf.