AML...The Topic About Nothing

Chuck

It is nice that they are finally arriving. It did take a painfully long time. I have a mental list of cars that I would like to get. I still want USA more autoracks. I do like the bethgons and want more. So this car will have to wait for me, now that it's here. Maybe I'll get at least one soon just to have. I like variety in my trains.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that the Accucraft E Store is selling the AML Bethgons for the same price as RLD or Reindeer. When manufacturer direct prices get within say $10 of the dealers I'll buy direct from the manufacturer. My line of thinking is let them make any profit as they'll surely use it to make more trains.

RLD seems to buy them too and will pass on the savings to customers. I usually find a good price afterwards.

I'd have to think that the average brick and mortar stores hate when the manufacturer sells direct at any less than list price?

I also think that any sales help the manufacturers decide what to make and how successful they were. There's only so many customers in America for modern G scale stuff. How many? I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine in today, and man the TTX FBOX seems to be way to bright... of course a LGB RBOX could be the wrong color too but I think it's closer to TTX yellow than the AML.

Granted it is a really nice car, and it rolls smoothly. 

Also it's not letting me add photos due to low memory?? 

large.IMG_20171216_221829.jpg.a151d66bc1

Edited by nscaler711
Added pic from gallery

Nice car! Thanks for posting a pic of it :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Yeah that color looks closer to C&NW yellow...is it painted or is it molded in yellow plastic?

Your middle loop of FasTrack is missing a piece...That steamer better backup a bit so can get a running start to jump the gap :Surprised_Face_Emoji(24x24):

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Nice car! Thanks for posting a pic of it :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Yeah that color looks closer to C&NW yellow...is it painted or is it molded in yellow plastic?

Your middle loop of FasTrack is missing a piece...That steamer better backup a bit so can get a running start to jump the gap :Surprised_Face_Emoji(24x24):

No problem! Couple more in the gallery, I was having issues getting images in the post so uploaded them there and only linked one.

I want to say painted, but I am not sure, I don't think they painted the door fully either... 

Notto mention I can't find 501419 on TTXs roster either, seems to be a common thing in G scale where running numbers don't exist... Well except for that Railbox from LGB... Which is shocking. The ATSF boxcar I have from them is just the item number.:huh:

I don't think she'll make it, no plastic in there. :D

I just had a few extra sections so that's just where I decided to store the postwar S2 Turbine that sees occasional use, runs great but noisy as hell. Lol

13 hours ago, nscaler711 said:

Just got mine in today, and man the TTX FBOX seems to be way to bright... of course a LGB RBOX could be the wrong color too but I think it's closer to TTX yellow than the AML.

Granted it is a really nice car, and it rolls smoothly. 

Also it's not letting me add photos due to low memory?? 

large.IMG_20171216_221829.jpg.a151d66bc1

What is the file size of the picture you are trying to post?  

21 minutes ago, Rayman4449 said:

What is the file size of the picture you are trying to post?  

To be honest I'm not sure, I believe when I got them uploaded to the gallery they were all around 3.5MB. I have to use my phone for everything since I don't own a computer.

• 3 months later...

Been over 4 years since I started this topic and still not much from AML in the 1:29 line.

No word anywhere about GP60 or the #6 stainless steel switches :Disappointed_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

Here's from the AML "news" web page...:Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24)::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24)::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24)::Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24):

The highly anticipated EMD GP60 and GP60M diesel locomotives are also currently in development. We expect to have them in 2016 in several colorful paint schemes with multiple road numbers. Our Code 332 #6 Switches in Stainless Steel are also being tooled for release in early 2016. 2016 will be an exciting year of new releases from AML American Mainline!

I did not get any of the high cubes yet. I really like the bethgons from them. The other covered hoppers from them that I have like to derail. So I was hesitant to get any more. The bethgons perform fine so I'm not sure what the difference is?

I think it's good for the hobby to have them trying to release anything in G scale. They must have listened to someone to have offered stuff in 1/29.

I would like to get some more 1/32 scale from them to see how the quality is. What I do have, I like. With the scale offerings the way they are, I'm grateful to see anything get made. I wish I could save up and get the Allegheny. I may settle on any diesel that comes thru next.

There was one guy that pushed Accucraft into the 1:29 market. I can't remember his name, was like Fred Devine out of Las Vegas or something but he passed away a few years ago. He was responsible for Accucraft/ AML making their first 1:29 product the PRR K4. 

• 3 months later...

• 1 year later...

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

Well the 20120 NGRC has been canceled and still no AML GP60's on the horizon. I did notice that a few weeks ago RLD showed them as arriving late 2020 but now shows "soon"...:Face_With_Rolling_Eyes_Emoji_large(24x24):

After doing a little search found these were first announced in 2008...12 years ago! 

And original pre-order price was $230.00 each...now show a price of $659.00 each. :Flushed_Face_Emoji_large(24x24): 

• 4 months later...

• 1 year later...

Another year went by and no GP60 :Smirk_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

I searched and seems these were first announced in like 2010? Been 11 years going on 12 which seems to be Accucrafts time frame. The 1:32 Alleghany took at least that long.

The shocker was the 1:32 Big Boy as they made that in a few years. St Aubin financed that project as Pat jumped into the MTH vs USAT BB war.

Which brings me to the 1:29 NYC Dreyfuss Hudson. I called and inquired about it as see RLD dropped listing it. Was told yes it's dead but considering 1:32 live steam. He did say they were considering a 1:29 SP Cab Forward. Well that's interesting but no thanks. 12 years from now I'll be in my late 70's and won't be looking for anymore big steam...if I'm still around.  

• 11 months later...