Power pack for small non-digital layout

renTren

I read about power pack choices and understand that MRC ThrottlePack 9900 or 9950 are not recommended going digital. I started out with a small 11ft x 11.5ft layout beneath the deck and am intending to run about 30 additional linear ft of track to a storage area. I have no intention to delve into digital. For any future expansions to make truly a garden RR I envisage battery power.

Aside from the MRC ThrottlePacks what else would work for my purposes?

To illustrate my beginnings:

4596745_RmoschJnctconcept.thumb.jpg.f81a8449b4a947f1c1ea41fc8225c803.jpgIMG_1261.thumb.jpg.96eee185fa688caa1bf97eb3842641f7.jpgIMG_1262.thumb.jpg.70dc49dbeb5e9f1ac6c6cbecd7d36152.jpg

Nice layout!

Based on my experience, the USA Trains Power 10 is a really solid option; plenty of power, ports for accessories, and not a bank-breaker. MTH has a power supply that I've been considering for dual-track purposes, but with them about to go out of business (at least according to the last I heard) they may not be a good option. Bridgewerks makes what I've heard to be the best DC power supplies around, but they're as expensive as they are reliable, which is to say, very. If you ever intend to be running more than one line simultaneously, I suggest biting the bullet and going with Bridgewerks and paying through the nose for absurd amounts of power and excellent reliability. Failing that, I highly recommend the USA Trains Power 10.