NWSL says no more 1:32 2 and 3 axle motor blocks.

rbrown7713

I was in communication with the owner of NWSL today and he says that they are not providing any more 1:32 2 or 3 axle motor blocks for the F and E model EMD's.  I guess from now on I will have to modify an existing motor block for these locos.  What is this world coming to when we can no longer buy these trucks.  Oh well. Bob.

I just got an email from the same guy that I talked to before and he said that I should talk to Holly, the owner, and they might make some more parts.  IT sounds like if they will sell the parts that I Will be assembling them my self. So, not all is lost yet. Bob.

Evidently Holly, the owner of NWSL just had a baby, so I won't contact her for a couple of weeks, let her rest up.  If I can talk her into making the parts, I have to give her an idea as to how many to make. So, if anyone wants some, please post it on this post to give her an idea as to how many.  I will be ordering at least 4 powered and 4 non powered. The more that we can commit to, the better the chances of her making the parts. Thanks.  I Will also ask her about 2 axle trucks. Bob.

When I emailed them say last winter and inquired about replacement axle gears for the 2 axle drives I gave the part number from the old catalog. Whoever replied sent "yeah we should have them but don't know where. You need to contact so and so and have a good day". But they didn't include any info on how to contact that person. I was thinking instead of telling me whom to contact they should have contacted them and had them reply to me. Since when is it the customers responsibility to find out what dept. does what?? Me thinks at NWSL the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.     

There is truth in what you say.  The last 3 axle motor blocks that I bought, I had to rebuild the whole thing, wheels were loose, shafts were not tied down.  When I finally talk to the owner in a couple of weeks, I will find out what parts they are willing to make and I will assemble it myself, probably have to rebuild it anyway.  Now, some of the gears might still be available, I don't know this, because some of the gears and shafts might be used on other drives, I will find out and let everyone know. Fo you still have any part numbers that would be useful, if you do, how about posting them, that would be helpful. Bob.

I'll have to do a bit of looking on my PC as had to rebuild it last spring after a motherboard failure. That PC ran Windows 7 and the new motherboard is running Windows 10 and the hard drive from 7 wouldn't work with 10. But all that data from 7 I did save...if I can find it.

Yeah I think NWSL is nothing more than a liquidator as I don't see any sign of them being a manufacturer. Everything shows out of stock or 4 - 6 week lead time :Smirk_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

I've been thinking about getting a hold of Jason Shron of Rapido as in one of his videos from last few years he showed his newly relocated manufacturer in China and he had excess capacity. Jason said if you need a manufacturer to get in touch with him. So I was thinking send Rapido a 3 axle drive and have him send to China...then see how much to tool up and make.

• 2 months later...

Lezlee of NWSL sent me an email today and confirmed that they are sending me 8 sets of wheels for the non-powered 1 gauge 3 axle motor blocks. I also reminded her that she still has not answered questions about the gears and shafts, motor, etc. that is necessary to construct the 3 axle powered truck, so I asked her again about the parts so we could build our own.  I made a copy of the shells for this block, so all I need is the gears and stuff.  The motors a available online. Here is a mold that I made in case that they are not willing to sell these parts.  I don't know if they will have a problem with this since they say they are not making them anymore.  I told her that the motor block shell is not a problem, I just need what is inside the motor block, I will see if they have a problem with it. That is all I have right now. Bob.

IMG_2189.JPG

Here is the answer that  NWSL sent me about the necessary parts to make up the 3 axle power block kits for the 1 gauge emd locos: 

Hi Robert,

Sorry to say, there are not enough parts to even get close to selling you kits, so this is a no-go. We'd have to do new blocks from scratch and that's a budget buster for the foreseeable future.

NWSL Support