USA Trains Union Pacific Alco's!!

Chuck

Decided to get my USA Trains Union Pacific Alco PA/PB set out and go thru them and get them running. I've had these for like 12 years now and they were out for quite a few years before I bought them so must be something like 15 years old by now.

I converted these back in 2010 to MTH ProtoSounds 2 and now are updated to ProtoSounds 3. All 4 are powered which makes up over 9' of Alco whoop-ass! :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Trailing A unit has operating MTH ProtoCoupler installed. I also installed interior lighting in each carbody.

It's a shame that Charles Ro officially announced that these are not to be made again.

Shaky video as my HD camera died so now using smartphone :Smirk_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

Thanks as I'm really proud of them! Now to start building up the USA Trains UP passenger car fleet!

I really wish I would have also bought a NYC set when Al Kramer of SanVal fame was blowing them out at $248.00 per AB set. 

Chuck, I love the sound!   (and SMOKE)  They really look  GREAT.  I purchased my USA Trains MOPAC PABA Set at about the same time that you did yours.  The AB Set came from RLD Hobbies and I got a second PA from e-Bay about the same time.  (Photo was taken before the second PA was aquired)   I do have  five Mopac cars to match the locomotives.  I am planning to paint some additional cars for the set.   The Locomotives are all factory DC with about two hours of run time.  Chuck, you have inspired me to work on my Alaska RR F40PHs, as well as a couple other projects that you have provided.    Now,  I have to work on these PAs.  I plan to  install Airwire Battery control with Phoenix Sound.  (If Phoenix ever gets back into business.)    MPGarden1.jpg.91c9ccc2d7964128251b1417b2e6a19c.jpg

MPGarden2.jpg

Hey Rex, That's a mighty fine looking train you have there! I was gonna paint that MTH PA/B set I sold you the same UP scheme...but I like these 1:29 scale engines better...and the cars too! I had 7 USA UP cars but sold them...now have to start buying...again. Those USA cars are the best :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24): 

And good deal on making a Alaska F40PH! :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24):

Nick, Thanks and yes...Those deals are once in a lifetime. I remember Al Kramer listing PA/B sets on ebay as a "container find" but the UPS shipping labels showed originating at USA Trains. 

• 4 weeks later...