Thinnig some rooling stock

I am new to this site and have been in G scale for 12 years. These are cars that I would consider selling to make more shelf room for eleven NP flatcars that I am modeling .  All have body mounted Kadees.  A quick look and it seems like I have boxes for all, if not most, of them. All are in very good condition. Metal wheels noted by “MW”.  I listed “C Ro” if that was the name of the mold used. If you are interested, send an email to me lnast@new.rr.com. I will be happy to reply with a pic(s). If still interested make an offer.

LGB 4291 Coca Cola MW

Aristo    Pabst Reefer MW

C Ro NP 552 Reefer  R16283

C Ro/USA NP  REA Reefer 80025 R16519

C Ro/USA FGX  15024 Dole

C Ro/USA FGX  15025  Dole

C Ro/USA URT 12103  WI Cheese

CNW 651071 Coal hopper  MW

USA  NP 91471 Reefer  MW

14 hours ago, Chuck said:

Hi and welcome!

How much for the CNW 651071 Coal hopper  MW??

Good Morning: Retail is $180.  Listed on Ebay brand new for $150. Mine is like new see atttached photo with 30' trestle in background. Hopefully a lot of the snow will melt in the next week. It came with metal wheels and Kadee large couplers. I do have the box would consider $8o.oo plus shipping. I t seems you might be a MILW fans. My wife's family is from Milwaukee and I will be in Brookfield is a couple of weeks. I don't know if you live in or round Milwaukee. If so I could deliver it and save the shipping cost. I used to take many pics there. I lived is West Allis for a year. I have severaal friends who are members of he  MOO Crew (HO). Besides my garden rr I have an HO layout with a CNW theme. Layour was pictued ten years ago in NR. IDSCN5176.thumb.JPG.0eee644814d6bda13399c1f661206af9.JPG

Thanks for your reply. You indicated that the quotes were inflated. While you didn't like the selling pprice I quoted, the other prices were NOT inflated. Go to Ebay and the car is listed for sale for 149.99. OK inflated by one penny. I check out USA trains on the Web and the msrp is 179.95. OK inflated by five cents. I did not check Charles Ro ---mea culpa,  To indicate that the quotes from Ebay and USA trains  that I shared correctly were inflated per your response can br taken by others as indicating that I am dishonest or deceptive.  Anyone seeing this may never want to responed to me in the future after your reply.. I have been in model rr over 50 years. I have a tremendos love for the hobby. I have built over 200 model strucures, Painted, kit-bashed, decaled, etc. over 100 locosl .I. I have also had models buit for museums.  One boat took almost 5000 hours as I am a prefectionist. I would never want to disparage the hobby by providing incorrect information or have my reputation. disparged either. Rev. Larry C Nast  aka LOCO LARRY

Well I've been model railroading for some 60 years now and who in their right mind pays MSRP...for anything? Just about everybody in large scale knows that the USA Trains "street" prices are Charles Ro Supply...after all they own USA Trains. 

Let's see...Go to RLD Hobbies and check prices...hmm...$104.89...I just saved another $5 compared to Charles Ro price.  https://www.rldhobbies.com/usa-r14014.aspx

Reindeer Pass...Same as RLD...$104.89 http://www.reindeerpass.com/USA-Trains-3-Bay-Coal-Hopper-CNW-Box-Car-Red.aspx

Seems rather convenient that you picked the two highest prices found to use as your benchmark. That says a lot to me and others about your selling ethics so don't blame me and others here for "disparaging" you.

Oh and BTW Rev...The terms of use for this selling forum is prices must be listed or post will be deleted. Reason for this is to avoid confrontations such as this.

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/1424-read-first-before-posting/

I have never sold anything before  in this kind of venue so please forgive me for not knowing all the ins and outs of buying  and selling. I had no intention of being unethical. . I didn't quote the higer prices out a desire to make my offer look good. If I thought that anyone would buy msrp I know that would be wrong. As I said mea culpa for not checking Charles Ro and there are not a lot of Hobby shops in Green Bay..  I do not buy on the internet, unless my local hobby shop doesn't  have it or can't get it. Fivei have come and gone since I have been here. If the one left doesn't get the buiness, I don't want to go online to get a bottle of ACC. However these quotes while high, they were not inflated., They were just what  I saw. Thank you for telling me I should have put prices in, it would have been nice to know.  I am more into modeling, than having a lot of engines or rolling stock. If it''s not on tthe layout or on display, it isn't around. I am not in the hobby for money. I do modeling for others at $10.00/hr. Local hobby shop charges over $50. I don't charge extra for the paint or decasls  I  just like to model. I've included  two pics of wjhat I do. One is the real thing, while the other is my model  I did the decal artwork so that it would match the NP MOW unit.. I'll also send 2 pics of my garden rr. At 70 years old I moved thiry tons of rock after I removed  all the mulch and over 100 6X6. It's more garden than railroad. 30' staging trackalong the back of the houseI designed with a Y leading to 200' of mainline with a 30' passing track for the USA NP ABA Fs and seven passnger cars.  Let's have funwith the hobby.  These always a learning curve. Please excuse my long reply..   Loco Larry

NP MWM 66110 a tracksections.jpg

DSCN5170.JPG

DSCN3400.JPG

20200929_130625.jpg

• 2 months later...