USA Trains FEF-3 and BIG-BOY.....

yvesvidal

Regarding these two items from USA Trains:

-  has anybody ever received their FEF-3 units? What is the exact status on that delivery and could people who have received them, post some pictures of the engines?

-  Big Boy? I inquired a while back about a possible re-run of the 1/29th Big-Boy engines, but was told 2022 possibly with no more details. What would that mean? Delivery in 2030?

Any information would be much welcome.

Thanks

Yves

A month ago I was on the phone with USA Trains inquiring about some rare parts and I asked about the FEF delivery. I was told that they're all made boxed up ready to ship and they were looking for a shipping container...but the Chinese New Year was fast approaching so that would "slow" things down even more...for what its worth. Suppose next will be there's a big backlog of ships unloading at the docks??

On 3/5/2021 at 10:36 AM, Rayman4449 said:

From what I know, USA Trains has not shipped the FEF steam engines yet.  Regarding dates, if you were told 2022 then they would be saying 2022 delivery on the big boy.

I doubt there will be any BIGBOY delivery in 2022. What I was told (E-Mail) is that they may re-consider producing it in 2022, perhaps taking orders at that time.

Now, as far as shipping the FEF-3 and finding a container, I have a couple of friends working for International Shipping companies and things are not looking good: it is just crazy and overloaded. In addition containers are now becoming rare and their prices are going up (containers are traded like any other precious metals and commodities). I certainly hope they find a way to bring these models in the USA.

Yves

Yves, Yes I was just reading where an O Gauge manufacturer from the San Francisco area posted that shipping containers for him have doubled in price. Something like $6,000.00 to ship a container these days. And the Oakland docks are way behind as ships are anchored off shore awaiting to be off loaded though I imagine Ro's containers are delivered somewhere on the East Coast?

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping that USA Trains re-runs Big Boys and Hudsons within the next year, but I think a pre-order announcement in 2022 is probably the best we're going to get. The USAT Hudson is a fabulous locomotive; I'd love to have one in Southern Pacific with sound. And of course, who doesn't want a Big Boy now that 4014 is operational? Even though it needs the 20-foot circles to really run smoothly, it'd be a fantastic beast to own.

• 3 weeks later...