guage clarification

dinoangelo

hi guys , just needed to clarify guage classifications G 1/29 G  1/32 and One guage and does One guage  run on normal / aristo,usa trains track? as of now i have aristo 1/29  and mth one guage (1/32scale) is there that much difference. i mean icould see a little difference between aristo and mth engines .does mth G  count as one guage? thanks to any and all replies .

Dino

hi there,  1:29 and 1:32 scale both run on normal Aristocraft/USA Trains/Accucraft and other Largescale/G scale/One gauge track.  

One Gauge is technically reference to 1:32 scale trains and all MTH is One gauge (1:32).  

As far as differences between 1:29 and 1:32 I assume you mean as far as size.  I would say in general yes there is a bit of a difference and some may want to be sure if using a 1:32 scale engine like a diesel and want to use 1:29 rolling stock that it looks ok to your eye.  So mixing and matching may require being selective on what is matched together.  I run 1:32 Challengers with 1:29 scale Aristocraft Heavyweights and think they look good.  

Comparing a USA Trains Big Boy (1:29) to MTH Big Boy (1:32), the USA just looks a good bit larger.