DC Power for GP9

I just bought a GP9 from USA Trains and the only transformer I have is a the LGB starter pack transformer which only puts out 1 AMP. Will I damage the GP9 motor, lights, and smoke generator if I run it with the LGB starter pack transformer? I haven't tried running it yet, because I am nervous to damage it. I'm assuming it won't even get enough amps to run the motor, lights, and smoke together anyways. 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good DC transformer for running the USA Trains GP9?

Thanks in advance.

You won't damage the engine so dont worry on that.  Keep the smoke turned off as 1 amp isnt enough for smoke as well.  I honestly dont know that 1 amp is enough to even run the engine under any kind of load.  If you have problems with power supply cutting out you could try turning off the lights to see if that makes enough difference.  

As far as power supplies:  USA Trains actually makes a good power supply for the money but I have seen a number of defective units new from USA Trains where you put an engine on the track and the power supply just pulses power to the track where your incandescent lights on the engine will flash/flicker but engine wont move.  Outside of that I usually recommend Bridgewerks throttle power supplies but they are more costly.  Next could look at MRC Power G if you can find one.