AML K4 w Heavyweights

Screwy Nick

We all have done things 'just to see if I could'.  Did the propane conversion in 16 and it's been a shelf queen since 18.  It popped back immediately.  Like the 1: 1's it was leaking water and steam from everywhere, I was convinced it was not going to even move.  As it ran and everything expanded the leaks ceased.  It is set up so if I want to run butane, (see pic) open the appropriate valve and adjust the air collars, the red valve in the cab is for the tender heater.  The propane tank is in the mail car with the battery for the LED car lighting.  All but the mail car have 3 axle trucks and can hear the chuffs deepen on the curve.  Makes for a nice running train.  

DSCN3164.JPG

DoEK1nFVTiCwqGg2WhdzSg.jpg

z5jLJJULQXiaJWANlk397g.jpg

Yes beautiful train and well done! The K4 is one of the best looking steam locomotives ever...and some announcement is supposed to be coming in a few weeks concerning 1361 that's being rebuilt.

grr, thank you. Amazing aircraft, first time we tracked it on radar in 67 thought it was a UFO,  still holds some records.  Yesterday I re-fashioned the delivery system so the bend is now done in copper instead of the rubber, I was concerned it would kink when I put the roof on. 

DEvCBB15Q42pTHtpWJxs4A.jpg