Logging cars

Dash 8

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Nick, I made the turnbuckles from brass tube, 2.5 mm outside and inside drilled to 1.4 mm. The rods are simple copper cable with a diameter of 1.4 mm.

Regards

Jan with Max and Moritz :)

Jan, I looked at that site two days ago and only found ones I didn't like.  These look much better than what I saw.  Going to order them right now.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.    I was just leaving for the hobby shop, don't have to go now.  

EDIT: should have them in 3 days,   THANK YOU AGAIN

Hello Nick, nice idea, but I don't have that in mind, I stay with electric, water dissolves my tracks, that's all glued....

Today it is finally warm again, actually I wanted to eat an ice cream....but it always comes differently....

Regards

All the best to you and bug 

807A8CB9-50C9-46F8-B9FB-126050AA41B6.jpeg

Jan, I did order the turn buckles you recommended on the 30th and received a confirmation.  Since then I have Emailed them twice as to a possible ETA.  Have received no response to my Emails and no notification as to their being shipped. I will attempt to them call today, but frankly doubt I will connect with a live person.  As to the parts, I doubt there will be a hole for the wire, but anticipate no problem drilling them out as I expect they will be of soft metal.  I appreciate your concern and hope you, Moritz and Max are doing fine.  Stay well

EDIT: I did call, voice mail but no response.  If anyone is aware of them no longer being in business please advise.

Hello Nick, I think they have nothing in the warehouse and have to turn on the oven to make some. Yes, this is white metal, soft, I would work with a hand drill. I think you are very familiar with it.

To shorten the long waiting time, I found in another forum very nice model photos of the cable car. I hope that's okay if I link this here....?

Regards

Jan with Max and Moritz 

Cable car

Jan, GREAT SHOTS, thank you for sharing them.  If I had scenery I would  model that for sure, unusual to say the least.  And that 60 inch tree is amazing.  It appears the cars used in these pics for the raw logs appear to be short wheel based. Must still be extremely heavy.

As a successful former small business owner experience shows it's a good practice to at least acknowledge a customer , good news or bad.

EDIT: decided to go with my original thought, go to hobby shop to pick up materials and make my own, Email and Vmail Ozark, cancelled the order.  

Here's the first one. It of course needs to be dressed, and once painted the flaws will blend.  Only 19 more to go.  Once I set up a jig can pound them out. 

Scenario:  the wire rope cables are permanently spliced to the top cross member eye loop, top loader places the cross member on top of load, cables hang down. Bottom loader sets hook through the lower eye, tightens the turnbuckle, and done. 

JKyH8tx2QEOe8u7Oi%qaEQ.jpg

50iNhMIoS+ibOh07gGhqVQ.jpg

Had some fun today.  Made 7 more turnbuckle set ups then eyes got tired.  I used the resistance soldering unit for the two end pieces.  Used regular circuit board solder for the wires so I didn't need as much heat so as not to loosen the other parts.  Think I'll check out Blackening Solution instead of painting them.      

fullsizeoutput_593.jpeg