Heisler out of retirement

Screwy Nick

This is the older sister of the Climax, also by Mike Chaney.  Purchased it after it had been 'run hard and put up wet'.  The seller sent me detailed pics of it, site glass leak and all.  I tore it down to just pieces, sent the motor to Mike and he completely rebuilt it, removing the transmission 'play' that allowed it to take curves.  I replaced the stock drive shafts with expanding ones like on a Shay.  I treasure the email he sent stating that only two Heisler are like it, his and mine.   Far too humid for plumes this morning.  

Mike Chaney was a true artist, machinist, modeler, designer and so many other talents.  It was an honor to have had the communications with him. I printed it all have it in a folder, old fashioned way, so can only loose it if my house burns down.  

True it is unique, but I think my mods have degraded the value some since they were not made by 'The Creator'.  I added a PM adjustable steam oil tank and made a radiant burner. It runs great which is what I was the goal.  

Hello Nick, a suggestion from me, try a load of squared timber, this is easy to build and loosens up the great train a bit. A picture attached as an example, not of me. You may like this :)

Regards

Jan

77D72AFE-B1AB-4A76-A54C-854D1B767523.jpeg

While that does look good.  Would it look strange that some of the trees were sent to a mill uncut, while the location where the trees were felled had the ability to cut them, but didn't??  OR the trees are going to a facility to make something special, like furniture?   More thought needed, but beginning to like the idea.