MTH club car

enginear joe

• 6 months later...

Hmmm, you'd think I'd be happier??

Always looking for another Hooker tanker.

Looks like they rushed this one out the door.

Has some flash that got painted over.

The Hooker letter's paint is a little rough (thin?) on the seams. I hope it's cleared over. MTH's paint is usually tough anyways.

I'm just glad they offered us something! Another forum complained about they're just repaints. Gives me a chance to catch up on some more.

Love that it has the shiny wheels. Got used to the old ones though. A little weathering on them and they look great too.

I would like to buy more dupicates someday and repaint them for Occi and others anyways.

Another forum complained about they're just repaints.

Those folks on other forums complain about everything! But all they buy is an old FA1 and then wonder why there isn't more being made. If they'd buy more then the manufacturers would produce more...or stay in business!

Those folks on other forums complain about everything! But all they buy is an old FA1 and then wonder why there isn't more being made. If they'd buy more then the manufacturers would produce more...or stay in business!

*Ding ding ding*  We have a winner!  THAT is the real underlying truth of what goes on in this hobby/scale and with most people posting in many forums right there.  What many of these people talk about is what 'isn't' currently made or hasn't been made, not what is and has been available to them for many many years.  Many have had years to buy as much as they could want but never have, then complain when it's not available all the while only owning a small fraction in type and numbers of what has been produced.

On the paint that's pretty odd.  Maybe MTH would swap it out for you.  From what I have seen, outside of a batch of passenger cars that looked liked they were bagged too soon after clear coating (which MTH replaced), I have never seen anything but near perfect finishes on all my MTH engines and rolling stock. (USA Trains, Aristocraft, Accucraft and Bachmann, they have all had great finishes from what I have ever seen. Only issue of the this group was paint damaged by contact with stryafoam on my USA Trains Big Boy but USA replaced it.)  The car does look good tho in the picture :)

If you want more, take the new tankers

The old things are very rare

Pictures in the catalogs are no eye catchers
These are drawings or graphics, no prototypes
The models are beautiful and pretty fine.
That's why I'm showing real models, no pictures or catalog item numbers
I  think some older models are made even more beautiful.
I don't like black with a little graphic

Wheels are AMS

post-654-0-82079300-1417123545_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

The Hooker Club car 2014 with a little dirt from the rails.
No weathering provided, it should look almost new

The trucks are repainted, not shiny. Various pigment coatings and for the couplers Kadee 1906 one gauge.

post-654-0-94761700-1431898259_thumb.jpg

post-654-0-12615800-1431898270_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like “ Milka “ ... :rolleyes:

But this is a beautiful MTH tank car, built in 2005, but new,
must have.
Blackened wheels with high flanges, looks good.
Wheel flanges reduced slightly, 1mm
The trucks are new painted, not shiny and somewhat dirty.

Marklin had this same model in the Maxi line

post-654-0-63717100-1432847678_thumb.jpg

post-654-0-58206100-1432847698_thumb.jpg

post-654-0-92348600-1432847710_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...