Aristocraft Wide Radius Switches - Won't close completely

I have two G gauge, Aristo SS Wide Radius Switches that I bought to match up with my oversized SS Track.  I was looking at them closely the other day and I noticed that the lower part of the switch does not tuck into the lower rail like the upper ones do.  (I'm not sure what the official term for this part of the switch is)  I ran a caboose through the switches and when they are merging onto the straight portion of the track...  no problem but when they try to make the turnout from the straight portion of the track, the flange on the cars hit the ends of those switch rails (?) (The ones that move!  :) )

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it?  They seem to be screwed to the plastic switch actuator and don't appear to be adjustable.

I realize that my request may be humorous due to my limited G-scale vocabulary but please feel free to educate me with their REAL names!  :)

Thanks for your time

Charles 

P.S.  I have two PICO electric switch motors that I tried to install on the switches but they didn't seem to close as well as the manual ones did.....

post-74-0-04676000-1406590021_thumb.jpg

It's not the Pico?, Piko? switch motor causing the switch not to throw all the way, is it?

I know sometimes the machining is off on the switches themselves. They are hard to adjust if they're made wrong. If the rails would move more if a new throwbar was installed, then it may have to come apart. If the switch machine is not throwing far enough, than that's the issue.

All of my wide's so far have been OK. Like I said, I do have a #6 that doesn't close all the way. Mine adjusted for close enough to work.

Neither switch puts the far switch rail up against the far straight rail.  (Does that make sense?)  The switch rail closest to the actual switch nestles nicely into the main track.  I think the moving switch rails were actually installed 1/16th of an inch closer together than they should be.  (These are $100.00 plus Stainless Steel switches...  You would think they would have better quality than that!)

Charles

Note:  There is a small, plastic adjustment piece connecting the throw switchto the throw bar... The top of which appears to be hitting the side of the trackrather than sliding under 1/16th or so..  Just enough to keep it from closing completely.  I may file it down a smidge tomorrow to see if that corrects it.  Then again... I may be buying a new switch!  :wacko:

Well, try taking the adjusting bar off and see if the switch's rails travel father. Mine are OK? Maybe they missed on the jig at the factory? I would bet the whole run would be off and more guys would respond here.

I took off the adjusting bar and flipped the switch rails back and forth..  The rails do fit properly when not restricted by the bar.  I guess I will have to "modify" the adjusting bar a bit to see if it will allow full travel.

Note:  In the short time I have been in this hobby, the word "Modify" seems to pop up a LOT!  :)

Charles