MTH WiFi Control App & WIU (WiFi Interface Unit)

Rayman4449

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/24/2016 at 9:28 AM, Rayman4449 said:

I know you've probably done this but maybe there is another 2.4 channel that has less use than the others that you can set on your router.  I use an app "Wifi Analyzer" to see what channels are being used on what frequencies.

Yes, you're right... I've used numerous WiFi analyzers on multiple devices trying to figure out the situation, but no luck. Something happened around Sept 2014 and all of a sudden all 2.4 GHz stopped working altogether. I've used multiple routers, multiple channels, but nothing works. My WiFi printer rarely works anymore even in the same room as the router. I've had to put up two 5 GHz outdoor access points to reliable run the trains (2.4 GHz has better range--except when it doesn't work at all). Even Bluetooth (2.4 GHz again) doesn't work reliably anymore.

29 minutes ago, enginear joe said:

I'm going to strangle someone!......

Why can't the kindle load the app from the goggle play store?

It appears that amazon loaded their software and won't allow it to connect to google?

Help!

I mentioned this in an earlier post.  The instructions are posted online but I haven't posted here yet.

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/35-mth-wifi-control-app-wiu-wifi-interface-unit/&do=findComment&comment=8697

5 minutes ago, enginear joe said:

OK I followed Barry's guess and got it loaded onto the fire tablet. Now I can't remember the password for wifi. DCS wifi? MTH wifi? it keeps saying problem.

I have this in the first post:

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/35-mth-wifi-control-app-wiu-wifi-interface-unit/

how do you install the upgrade to the app?

I can't get it to run any engines. I'm guessing I'd have to upgrade or reset an engine to address 0???

The kindle keeps saying there's a problem with the wifi. That maybe blocking the multi task of the app to the internet? or that maybe why I can't run?

If anybody isn't very computer savy like me, you may wish to rethink buying a Amazon kindle. It seems like the software loaded makes it proprietary. I need to research how to restore the platform if possible. Maybe at least purge some of the sales stuff that keeps popping up.

Their software seems to make it difficult to control the tablet's performance like on a regular android, for me anyways.

When you first install the MTH app to a new tablet,  go to the " ...  More"  area then "Upgrades"  to have it confirm the level of app you've purchased.  If this is first time user of app overall then you can purchase the Standard or Premium version of the app.  I'm like Chuck and Ben,  I've had no problems so far and I have 3 Kindle Fire 7" tablets.   After you install the 4 apps needed for Google play Store should be good.   My guess is your problem is the versions of Google play Store that you loaded.  (Google play store isn't going to affect the Kindles overall wifi)  For the latest versions of the Kindles you have to make sure you use more current versions of the four apps otherwise Google play Store ceases to function right especially if the Kindle updates its OS through an OTA update.  Do more digging and get the more current versions and load them.   I have held off posting anything about the info or files here until I had more time under test.  

There is never a need to reset engines to work with the app.

I have posted the full instructions on how to get Google Play Store installed on the Amazon Kindle.  It includes links for the updated versions of the files needed for the most current versions of the Kindle OS.

Click the link below: (Subject title)

• 5 weeks later...

Wanted to share that one of the latest updates to the App changed the second and third option screens so those options are much larger and easier to see and select.  Using the app with a phone is now excellent.  

One note to those using the new Playable whistle feature, when you turn that on, some other sounds like Forward whistle, Reverse Whistle, Crossing sound whistle sequences will NOT activate and play.  To play those again you have to turn Playable whistle off.  

Also if you shut the engine down with playable whistle On, the next time you start up the engine you will need to turn Playable whistle off (and back on if you want to use it again) in order to get the prior noted sounds to play.  

MTH has announced a new Wi-fi hardware device, the DCS - Explorer Track Interface Unit w/Wi-fi built-in.  

Separate topic has been started in the Battery forum:  

- New WiFi Hardware: DCS - Explorer Track Interface Unit w/Wi-Fi built-in (50-1035) - $129.95 MSRP

- Availability date: Unknown

- Control your trains via Wi-Fi with your smart device (phone/tablet)

- Will not require TIU or WIU and will be like a TIU and WIU combined with a more limited feature set.

- Expect this will be the device that One Gauge battery operators have been waiting for.

50-1035-Info.jpg.8f706eb3d8b751b40cd971bdc828fa0a.jpg

Premium version of the Wifi App & DCS 6.00:  

Sharing what Joe posted in another topic and also what is being sent out in official email from MTH, the Premium version of the App has been released to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store and should be available for update in the next 7 to 10 days.  

The app will be released with a new version of DCS so you will need to update your TIU and any existing DCS Remotes to the new version.  The new DCS 6.00 will be available starting the week of April 16th.