Rolling stock/Passenger cars to match Match 2085D

Lawman

Found a nice looking LGB Mallet while visiting Denver this past weekend.  I didn't realize when I bought this that it's no longer in production but the car to match it are extremely hard to find.  I was wondering what you gentlemen feel would be a good match for this locomotive that is still available.  I would like to keep the German theme for this one consist....  Appreciate your looking...

Charles

P.S.  Bought it at Caboose Hobbies ....  Nice folks! :)

post-74-0-05244200-1410288853_thumb.jpg

Charles,

The LGB 2085 is (probably) and approximation of the South East German railway #104.  It appears to still be in service.  Here's a link to a flickr page with a lot of photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/trains-travel/sets/72157644888350059/detail/

As to what you should pull?  Well, you could pretend it was visiting the HSB in East Germany, and get some of those HSB cars from Train Li.  They're not that cheap, but they appear to be better detailed than the LGB approximations, and are likely in the same ballpark, price wise with he LGB.  Also, this will give you a reason to seek out the 2080S or 21802 LGB HSB model of a 2-6-2T used on the HSB.  The SER 104 is stored and supposedly operational in Switzerland.  You could pull some of the older RhB train cars with it, and not be too far off. 

Appreciate the info.  Will certainly look into it.  I managed to get to East Berlin (past Checkpoint Charlie)  just before the wall came down and bought some nice HO equipment.  Never did see any real world engines or rolling stock. 

Charles

Hi Lawman,

This is a rough guide.

Epoch 1
Covering the years from the building of the first railways in the nineteenth century up to approximately 1920. Note the term ‘about’ as the Epoch system is intended to cover not just German railways but also other European systems.

Epoch 2
The years between the two world wars. It also lasted throughout the Second World War and came to an end during the years 1945-1948 depending on the country under consideration.

Epoch 3
1945 to about 1965-68. This era covers the last of the steam age and takes in the continental computerisation of stock numbering.

Epoch 4
The start of the modernisation periods from 1968 to around 1990.

Epoch 5
From about 1990 to the present day