Chritmas Indoor Layouts

Jim Miller

How many will be building an indoor Christmas Layout? Post some pics of this years and/or previous years. It may inspire others to put a train around the Chrismas Tree. Come on, get some of that old fashion Christmas Spirit. I have great memories of me, my dad and my brothers setting up the train display and Christmas Tree.................Jim

I'm not sure if I'll have any displays setup at home this year but I'm sure the kids love the setup you have. I have light colored carpet and found how quickly dark dust from the track and wheels can darken up the floor. Fortunately the vacuum pulled it all out. ;) Thanks for sharing the sights and sounds!

Raymond

• 3 months later...

• 8 months later...

CHURCH BAZAAR

This years layout is much smaller but more complex. The kids really enjoyed running the trains and and each got a steam train Christmas tree ornament that would allow them to insert there photo in the cab window.

This layout had 8 switches and could run three trains. It took up an area of about 9 by 13 feet and I intend to use this same layout under our Christmas. Curve radius were 2.5, 3.25 and 4 foot.

Jim,

This latest railroad looks like your best yet.  I like how you made each loop accesssible and also added the passing siding.

What the rest of you don't realize is that Jim takes over his entire living room with trains and the 10^8 lights on his Christmas tree!!

We don't have a whole lot of space where we set up the tree, so I will usually run a loop or two around the tree.  Sometimes, we let the neighbors do all the train set ups for us.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/15996_4576112694645_157409365_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

This years layout is totally different with a new tree which is a half tree set against the wall. So there is no train under the tree this year.

There will be no little items this year because the 3 new kittens will carry them away.

This is what has been done to date. Will post more as it develops...............Jim

2014+xmas+OC2+modB.jpg

P1030747.JPG

P1030751.JPG

P1030755.JPG

P1030752.JPG

P1030770.JPG

P1030773.JPG

P1030756.JPG

P1030770.JPG

P1030754.JPG

P1030753.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

• 4 months later...

• 5 weeks later...

Jim

Very nice Christmas layouts.

My wife wants to know if the snow flakes on the tree are home made?

She has over 700 different snow flakes she has made.

We are new to G scale trains this year so we should have some pictures next year.

Jim