MTH back in G

enginear joe

I keep putting stuff under the MTH 2013 catalog post. I thought I should start another one as the post doesn't cover everything going on.

I'm hoping that MTH does come forward with new G gauge products. In the meantime, I was wondering if they would release more paint schemes?

I was looking for this Dash 8 diesel and never saw anyone who had one. I didn't know it was cancelled.

Susquehanna:

http://mthtrains.com/content/70-2030-1

I see that they are releasing the more modern Amtrak scheme that also was cancelled years back. So I was hoping they might release the rest of the ones they had advertised? I would order the SusQ.

P&W:

http://mthtrains.com/content/70-2028-1

Amtrak:

http://mthtrains.com/content/70-2023-1

I thought there were more like a CN narrow nose version? I can't find it anymore.

I'm really praying they release a new diesel to add to my RR. If not, I'll go back and build some more this winter. Maybe finish the ones I started anyways!

I may have to custom paint some of their tank cars to get more of what I'm after. (Occi. Chem., etc.) I guess I may paint some diesels too. I just can't part with any scheme once I get it.

I missed this CSX dark blue:

http://mthtrains.com/content/70-2078-1-0

Did anyone get or see this Alaska??

http://mthtrains.com/content/70-2029-1

It's frustrating watching all the MTH HO scale releases. I keep telling myself not to go back there.

MTH will be rolling out new stuff, there are some exciting things coming down the pike.  

As far as all the engines MTH has documented or produced (along with what's planned) I've been working on creating and enhancing the pages covered on my site and documenting all models on the individual pages for each engine type.  They can be easily found from the home page at www.rayman4449.com (see under Locomotives section) This should make it easier now to lookup what engines were produced, their configuration, along with owners manuals, sound files and links the repair pages.

Direct link to Dash-8s:  http://www.rayman4449.com/MTH_Dash-8.htm

I've also created electronic versions of the 2006 and 2007 catalogs as MTH never created online versions for those.  Links for all the catalogs are now easily found on the home page and other engine specific pages.

Can't speak to what paint schemes will be released as just can never know.  The volume and variety of what has been produced (and yet to be produced to date) is far more than I can afford or fit in my basement.  For me as long as they produce the big ones like Santa Fe warbonnets, UP, BNSF and NS engines I've been happy.  

I'm still ready for a J class tho...

Darn you MTH guys! 

I checked the links and realized that the MTH Dash 8 Amtrak looked very familiar.  Now I remember why!  I saw two of them this summer, at one spot, where Hartman Station Rd crosses the Amtrak mainline in Lancaster County:

https://fbcdn-video-f-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xap1/v/t43.1792-2/10345517_10204238249986495_1439666447_n.mp4?oh=c33c0802d70b58c9dc23ea9d8a474812&oe=541868C5&__gda__=1410889950_2f6f2f37dcab24cfe08292b5035880e7

Hopefully you can see the above video.  Luke was sort of excited....

I also note that one of the local shops, Nicholas Smith Trains, has the Dash 8 and the Amtrak cars that go along with it.  Too bad they aren't Amfleet cars..

• 1 month later...

I check on the MTH Facebook link frequently to spot any signs of one gauge news.

I've never done Twitter much, but out of curiosity I followed the link from the MTH site, and I noticed this tweet that seems to have flown in under the radar.

Locomotives?

As in: more than one?

Jens

PS: Is it possible to embed tweets here?

Incidently, the 0 gauge BR44 that Mike presents at 4.40 in this video is absolutely gorgeous.

I notice Mike's talking about the close coupling between the loco and tender and that MTH is picking up on that from the European brands. If that level of detail and the close couplings spill into future one gauge steamers - and if Joe is right - I would find it hard not to pounce. Looking forward to the announcement from MTH B)

Jens

• 1 month later...

MTH RailKing One Gauge ,G Gauge, is starting to enter the warehouse. Last month the 4-Bay Hopper came in this month it is the Unibody Tank Car. Here are images of the in-stock ,in two car numbers each of Hercules, ADM, Shell and Sunoco G Gauge Tank Cars. Ask your MTH Dealer or purchase directly from MTH see the link with each image.

post-23-0-73286400-1416876437_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-68084000-1416876455_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-04853300-1416876475_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-06166200-1416876490_thumb.jpg

Hi Ray!

In your documentation pages of MTH locomotives produced, I didn't see the Harley Davidson Dash-8 listed or shown.

Joe

Good looking cars, thanks for posting Chuck

Thank you Joe :) I had not heard of that one and will get it added.  Do you have the MTH model number for that one I don't have that one on file.  May be an uncataloged special.

Raymond

Ray,

The item # for the Harley-Davidson Dash-8 is 70-2032-1

Joe

Chuck, I love those Shell tank cars. If you ever get a chance could you take a picture of them next to something 1:29th scale? I know they are going to be a little small for me, but still considering them!

MTH RailKing One Gauge ,G Gauge, is starting to enter the warehouse. Last month the 4-Bay Hopper came in this month it is the Unibody Tank Car. Here are images of the in-stock ,in two car numbers each of Hercules, ADM, Shell and Sunoco G Gauge Tank Cars. Ask your MTH Dealer or purchase directly from MTH see the link with each image.

1510701_10152221577494159_682910890858925764_n.jpg

10711118_10152221577389159_6334755878127564002_n.jpg

10734181_10152221577394159_1372377810086038985_n.jpg

10805788_10152221577384159_2688214832191536406_n.jpg

I didn't like the direction MTH chose with all their older releases in G scale. I wanted modern stuff to match up with their dash 8s. So I ignored a lot of the stuff for sale. When they stopped G scale production, I had no choice but to look closer at what was available. One of the coolest, was their VO1000 that I had dismissed as being too old. I put it in the category of the likes of the Triplex, which I also had no interest in, at that time. What a monster pulling machine that one is!

So now I'm looking at the VO1000 as a base for my switching operations when the RR gets some staging tracks built. I am building a MP15AC. It is taking painfully long to get it to a decent level and I don't enjoy it as I should. Buying RTR switchers is just so much easier for me. So I get one VO1000 and then another as I like some of the enhanced features that I had missed.

They have what I would say is new wheel profiles. They appear much better to me anyways. They come with fixed pilot options that can be modified for use with their proto-couplers. This allows for the couplers to be mounted to the bodies instead of the trucks. I just drill and enlarge holes for the coupler plugs to go thru. I mount the proto-couplers to the fixed mounts from the supplied dummy couplers, and attach them to the bodies. I'm hoping that this will enhance operation for using these engines as head-end power, mid train, and even pushers in longer trains. Having them in helper positions, would make backing a big train so much better.

So now I see why some users are sad at the recent cancellations of the VO's. I didn't see it as such a loss at first. Maybe MTH is revamping some lighting or other features and will continue with new releases of this fine little switcher in the future?

post-10-0-00653800-1417622576.jpg