Accucraft Passenger cars

Mike1083

Last time I spoke with Cliff at Accucraft parts (late last summer before he retired) I inquired about those passenger cars as they were sold out of UP. He said there was another shipment due in and then that was it as no more would be made.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When outdoors, proportions matter much more than rivet detail, so I personally prefer the correct dimensions of the Accucraft cars to the shortened MTH ones. I don't agree that the detailing is so much better: On LW cars the window pane is in the same plane as the side and in the MTH ones it is way inwards about two scale inches (the plastic thickness), they should have designed their windows flush with the sides. So all in all I find the Accucraft cars much better. I won't mention the USA cars as I model in 1/32 scale. But who opens doors when a live steam train is running? This opening door "market" makes the price soar for something one rarely needs, unless one wants to make a detailed platform shot of the train stopped at the station, but even then the built in springs won't make that possible. The added bonus is if you go to exhibitions or GTG at other members homes, a G1MRA practice I like a lot, The fact that these cars aren't too detailed, makes them great candidates for transport. You won't have to worry about loosing a tripple valve or a steam trap!

Best,

Simon

Glad that you're happy with the Accucraft cars!

For the price of $340.00 each I'll stay with the USA Trains cars that sell for $280 and have more detail, lights etc.

I'm waiting for the USA Trains heavyweight cars to be released!