Scratch built a High Hood NS SD40-2

GaryTo

Hi all,

I am Gary from Hong Kong, first post on this forum. I just finished a detailing project for a NS HH SD40-2, share the process with you all.

Below is the detail parts summary table.

post-635-0-53233300-1412678276_thumb.jpg

This project is base on a USAT SD40-2 engine, most detailing parts are purchased , the another are scratch built and resin casting  by myself if they are no longer produce on the market.

post-635-0-43346400-1412678636_thumb.jpgpost-635-0-75788800-1412678651_thumb.jpg

Sprayed black paint to the high nose and laying the decal.

I down load some NS pattern from the internet. The decal is formed by using a white base water transfer and printed with the black NS pattern by an ink jet printer.

post-635-0-98315000-1412679329.jpg

post-635-0-03680400-1412679340_thumb.jpg

The whole engine is beautiful. I just can't stop staring at the pilots alone. Third time today.

How did you make the glad hands? Do you pour them from metal?

I need to do this level of building on my scratch SD70ACe. Very inspiring work. Thank you for sharing.

43.jpg

I have a long way to go!

DSC_0262 (800x530).jpg

Simply amazing work Gary, I really enjoyed all the detail photos. :)  I remember your work on the Dash-9 several years ago, some of the most detailed enhancements I've ever seen.  Thanks for posting!

Ohh! That was him? That dash's frame work was amazing too.

Wow! The engine is incredible. You inspire us all with work like that. Could you please post a picture of the mold you used to produce the high hood nose. Thanks Larry

Hi Larry,

The mold that I used to casting the high nose already disposed, cause the silicon mold only can support casting one to two of the finished  high nose, it is very easy to broken when you took out the resin from the mold. As I mention before, I known this is a copyright problems, so I only cast one for personal use, sorry to let you disappointed. :(

The whole engine is beautiful. I just can't stop staring at the pilots alone. Third time today.

How did you make the glad hands? Do you pour them from metal?

I need to do this level of building on my scratch SD70ACe. Very inspiring work. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Joe,

I am not sure the meaning of " glad hands", can you show me on the picture? Your work on the SD70Ace is amazing too, I love to see you to complete it, I think this is the only one G scale SD70Ace that produce in the market. keep going............ :)