3D printed high hood

bobvand

Hi to All, Here is a final look at my high hood that will be printed through Shapeways. I have to proof form and function. If all goes well there will be three components available the hood itself plus a bell bracket and gab ironspost-632-0-62696500-1414735168_thumb.jpg

Bob V.

I am doing a Wide Cab next. Need some opinions. On the  High Hood for the finish product I could print with the bell bracket integral with the grab irons or leave them off as separate items. They would need to be glued on afterwards What would be your advise. Also if any one has a part they liked to have made make a suggestion. See the attached rendering for what the High Hood will look like when it's completed.

625x465_2826787_7297327_1415073182.jpg

th_625x465_2808402_7196153_1414555174.jp

th_grab_iron.jpg

• 9 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, make me fixed pilots for MTH Dash 8 diesels that have the huge holes filled in! I'd like to run KD couplers so a spacer inside for the correct height would be great.

http://kadee.com/htmbord/page907-1907.htm

​

http://www.gscaletrainforum.com/index.php?/topic/298-mth-dash-upgrades/

I had it all worked out but the molds failed. I think it would be a straight forward part to print. The stair treads could be separate.

Let me know what wide cab you make. I am interested in modern diesel parts.

• 3 months later...