Show us your engines!!

enginear joe

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it came as a 3 piece set!

I don't have room for the stuff I already have. So I cut another hole in my shed and I'm adding another ramp to keep more trains assembled. I really need to double my capacity. I came up with the easiest solution would be to add shelves mirroring the inside wall of trains on the outside. That way nothing inside would have to be disturbed. It's been a year and I still haven't started.

DSC_2256.JPG

I had to fix 2 different couplers so I could get things hooked up correctly. The owner had a long shanked set-up on the rear of the lead A unit that wouldn't allow the cable to stay seated correctly. On the rear of the set, someone attached a low hanging USA knuckle but it was upside down. So I wasn't sure who that could work for?

Hopefully I will get time very soon to test these again. I slapped on a used KD coupler that I borrowed from another used trailing A engine I got. That will hopefully match well with my fleet.

DSC_2257.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this one and the B unit is in the mail as well.

Couldn't help it with the sale price I thought was great anyway.,:Money_Face_Emoji(24x24):

I wanted and been stalking the NS F-7    70-2103-1  for  a while so it was appropriate. :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

I can't wait to run some of my PS2 and PS3 trains.

I have fired up my track on my train in the yard project and been running the Bachmann eggliner engines as my test trains:Thinking_Face_Emoji_large(24x24)::Thinking_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):.

I think kids are going to love watching the new eggliners..

Have a good day.

Larry.:Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

70-2103.jpg

70-2105-3.jpg

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

DSCN0554.JPG

DSCN0562.JPG

Joe

It was Train World . Then I had to hunt the B unit and found it at Sidetracks Hobby. Have all 3 now and they are very good looking engines. Trying to save my toy money for York next month but been eyeing this set for a while so I took it.

Stop, yea me to.:Money_Face_Emoji(24x24):

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with buying from TrainWorld is they offer absolutely no in house servicing under warranty or not...the scripted response is for you to deal directly with the manufacturer. 

• 2 months later...

Got this BNSF unit of evil bay here in Oz as a dummy. Turns out the shop was stiffed by someone and he got stuck with a loco that had been purchased by someone who had basically blown it up and then got rid of it to the shop. End result was I got it for $250 Aud and all the parts that had been pulled out  with it. After some investigating and a quick call to our Fav. MTH dealer, (you all know who) A new PS3 board and a wiring schematic to fix the mess I end up with this303.thumb.jpg.9cc85bf752d7e6a4c5f9283e95149cc5.jpg005.thumb.jpg.4edc2e5404752cb4ea135fe42f2eba37.jpg

I told Ethel not to look but was too late in the first photo. Now to assimilate it to the railroad colours of Armor Yellow and Harbour Mist Grey.

The other thing to arrive on the day was these units in immaculate condition. Again purchased from our Fav. MTH Dealer. along with some very special spares he was able to snare for me for a small project. 006.thumb.jpg.550d1ddd5f8c61107929fc73f885149a.jpg

The razor saw is being sharpened as I type by Egor out in the Lab, err workshop, for the rear unit. The front unit will be also be assimilated to this roads colours as well

Picked up this damaged Robert's Lines Zephyr. Looks like it has never been run. Observation car had been dropped on it's end. Flattened out some, but don't think it can be repaired. It's brass with plating. New sign on back should work out. Might have Ray put the MTH stuff in it, like he did with my Zephyr. Will have ball bearing pickups also, having some Gary Raymond wheels turned down to size.

Z two.JPG

Z Obs car end.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 4:35 PM, SteamPower4ever said:

Today I received carrier and storage cases for the F7s from my favourite woodfitter.

European readers may recognise the cases as being the work of Mr. Jorissen of the Netherlands.

Jens

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

On 10/21/2016 at 5:12 PM, SteamPower4ever said:

He does nice work indeed. :)

I have a similar case for my BR50 steamer. To avoid the hassle of lifting out the engine and tender, I've fitted a length of track to that case.

That way I can drive the engine straight into and out of the box. You can see it at the end of this video:

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and just starting to check things out. I'm sorry this is off topic but would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for more details on these cases? I recently acquired a USA Trains GP38-2 and a LGB Stainz. I'd like to create similar cases for them.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...