Show us your engines!!

enginear joe

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOe,

I heard back from him, he said the gear only had 18  http://shop.osorail.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=2464

teeth, I counted 20 on mine. Did you count your gear teeth?

Use the little chain up in the tool bar to post a url. Just to the left of the green square thing.

This is my engine, isn't it the one you have?

post-49-0-00915800-1392503815_thumb.jpg

I don't know, I ordered them anyway.  We'll see!  The NWSL two axle blocks are a pretty close match to the size. I think you could adapt the side frmes to them, if you are real picky you'd have to shorten the side frame  little.

Outstanding, it looks just like the Real thing. Some Info: Oringinal # 1648, Second # 666, Built 11/47, Build number 05239

Please take a bunch of pictures to show us how you were able to get PS2 inside that thing. Larry

Oh I sure will. This is the second NW2 that I've converted to PS2. The first was a PRR version I did a few years back and then sold to Robert Kubasko somewhere out in Pennsylvania. Even fit dual USA fan driven smoke units in the shell along with all electronics & a 3" speaker in the fuel tank. Operating ProtoCouplers installed too...it wouldn't be a switcher without them :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck, that's even better than what I was going for!! I still can't get outside to the mainline, snow in a lot of places still.  Also, where there was once snow, a nice thick ooze of mud has arisen!! I expect it will be Easter before I get trains running. :(  Luckily, there is the basement layout, now with temporary tunnels made from boxes. )

• 2 weeks later...

A few additions to the roster since this thread was started:

Tuscarora RR 2-8-0 #5

Baldwin, c.1881 (built to the same drawings as D&RG Class 70 (aka C-19)

Bought used by the TRR in 1916 from a railroad south of the border.

TRR509.jpg

Actually, a Bachmann C-19 with minor cosmetic alterations and new paint to make it look more like the 2-8-0s that ran on eastern railroads as opposed to an iconically "Colorado" 2-8-0

TRR504.jpg

TRR502.jpg

Tuscarora Timber Co. 40-ton Diesel M-1

General Electric 40-ton center cab, built 1939

TTM101.jpg

Bachmann 45-ton center cab that went on something of a diet. It lost 1" across the frame, the hoods came down about 3/4", and the cab came down about 5/8".

TTM105.jpg

TTM107.jpg

East Waterton and Kansas Valley (ex Perry Lumber Co.) Climax #265

Climax 25-ton Class B, built 1901

26512.jpg

26511.jpg

Bachmann Climax, with new straight boiler, wood cab, and modified fuel bunker.

26506.jpg

26505.jpg

More photos and backgrounds on these models can be found on my blog.

Later,

K

Kevin, you locos are always great looking. Great job of weathering and mods.

Did you remove window shades from C-19 and if you did was it hard. I would like to remove mine due to clearance issues, they really make the cab wide.

................Jim