Show us your engines!!

enginear joe

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found some old pictures of my locomotives:

Our wedding train, LGB Mikado and LGB streamlined domes/observation, custom painted:

post-15-0-76107100-1360352709.jpg

A bachmann 4-4-0 that I repainted.

post-15-0-20777500-1360352713.jpg

Aristo mikado lettered as New Haven 3016:

post-15-0-90895700-1360352829.jpg

She has been fitted with a Mallet pilot:

385044_4633417083498_1314883086_n.jpg

There are some great pics of steamers here. Everyone around me prefers steamers so I can understand and respect their excitement. I do enjoy watching them chug.

I really prefer the modern diesels, myself. That shot of the Warbonnets really catches my eye!!

Very nice on the Genesis :)

On the amps, I've converted other LGB two axle engines to DCS Protosound and you can expect the same low amp draw with the LGB like the others mfg engines converted.  

At the largest trainshow we did, we ran 8 loops of trains, with 16 powered engines @24v with only one power supply drawing only 16amps.  (display didnt capture in the pic correctly but it shows 24.2v)

HAGRS_062710_1024_0105.JPG

This is everything that was run:

HAGRS_062710_1024_0122.JPG

3- 100ft trains, 3- 10+ passenger car trains and two 4-6 car passenger trains at high speed.

Could kick my self for not buying a pair of Genesis with 5 passenger cars when they were very available and some what inexpensive. Nice!

Ray, you are as bad as my wife putting 1800 lights on the Christmas tree. Impressive!

.....................Jim

Yeap, I bet you're right. I just ran it in reg DC mode with a USA Geep. Both pulled 5 amps with a long train. The LGB was about 2 with no load. I have to tear into her. Another thing that I hate......

blueish LEDs! They kind of look like modern car headlights I guess. I just prefer warm white. Runs pretty smooth. Like to hear it with sound and a loud horn. I was going to put this one to last but now I'm wondering.....

Jim when you get done kicking youself you can then give me a good kick too!  LOL!  I remember seeing them at the ECLSTS for like $500.  That included the Genesis engine and three cars; and you had a choice of phase III, IV, or V. You are right Jim, not very expensive at all for what you were getting.  For around $1200 you could have had 7 or maybe even 8 cars pulled by double headed Genesis diesels.  I remember looking long and hard and realizing that that was an exceptional deal for LGB quality.  The reason I didn't purchase was because I had difficulty in deciding if that was really my cup of tea.  Now, I realize I would really like that train but it's too late now.  By the way, I seem to do this alot!!

Joe

P.S.  Thanks for posting the video and pics!

Here Ya go Joe. No, I'm not a snow bird, I go for vacation and to visit my parents and spend a day running trains with Ed Headington. I hate to fly and driving Int State 95 is really getting bad so I take the train and love it....................Jim

https://picasaweb.google.com/Trainman24/AmtrakAutoTrain

https://picasaweb.google.com/Trainman24/05022010FloridaVacation