New Piko 2015 Catalogs

Mike1083

Heres a look at their new catalogs. The first one is 5 mb and second is 170 mb

http://www.piko.de/KAT_PDF/99715_G_Neuheiten_2015.pdf 

http://www.piko.de/KAT_PDF/99705_G_Katalog_2015.pdf 

Interesting that they added photo steps on how to put in decoders and sound. That is pretty helpful for beginners. The electric couplers are an interesting idea as well. 

The BR24 and BR64 were sister engines and shared many parts, including the boiler. The 64 could be considered a tank version of the 24.

I've always liked both and I had the BR64 in H0 back in those days. In my opinion the BR64 is one of the most beautiful steamers ever built.

It is very small all of it, but 1:22.5 scale on 45mm track is pretty much what we usually call G gauge here in Europe. Normally associated with LGB, of course, but Piko has changed that.

Being a one-gauger myself (1:32 only), it's all narrow gauge to me. With the notable exception of the HSB BR199 diesel, which in real life runs on 1000mm track, making it a correct scale model :)

• 1 month later...

Well now I'll take the  :P  back!

I recently took a look at a Piko BR 64 and I do like it! Ball bearing motor & driver axles. Nice round wheels...hmm :)  

Nice detail & graphics...other than that goofy bastard sitting in the drivers seat!

Mark,

That is a very impressive train!

Piko currently  has some of the best deals in large scale! $175 0-6-0's w/tender & $240 Moguls. Those European passenger cars show up on eBay for $150 or so quite often. $40.00 rolling stock (MDC) kinda makes me wonder...why make 1:22.5 engines but 1:32 rolling stock?

Piko uses plastic gears but replacements are fairly cheap at like $7 a set.

Bachmann has some "decent" deals like the 3 truck Shay for under $400.00 but if the drives need to be updated to the die-cast metal ones for $100.00+ then no real deal.

Whoa, I can rest in peace now!

A BR64 with half German express train coaches, half Super Chief. Now I've seen it all.

Oh, wait - back in my 'first age' of model railroading, I did frequently run a "Madman Express" with a ridiculously overgeared 0-4-0 and two ATSF hi-level coaches.

Silly ...

:D

Glad you like the '64, Chuck.

Jens