New Bright Tank Car gets new decals

Jerry B44

I have about a dozen of the New Bright tank cars that I put Kadees and metal wheels on. I feel they go good with a 1/32nd scale train of the 40's. MTH's cars seem too long. Anyway I designed them and had them printed on laser decal paper. They work fine on light colored cars/engines.

NBShamTnkr.JPG

I worked at a Shamrock station after I got back from Vietnam. Was working on my masters at UW in Laramie.

• 9 months later...

Hi Jerry, how does a Nebraskan tag the D&H?

I'm located in NE PA across the Susquehanna River fromwhat had been the southern terminus of the D&H; Hudson Yard was north of Wilkes-Barre the end point.  Remember the roundhouse in W-B; was Trainman for Steamtown NPS with Bernie O'Brien that had the GP38-2 #7312 named for him.  I understand the Lightening Stripes have joined the ranks of the PAs & Sharks & may be a Fallen Flag now...  He really enjoyed working the #2317 Pacific out of Scranton.

Well, just like the D&H colors. I have a Shark I made from the kits Rob Fern offered a few years back. Lettered some wood passenger cars I picked up at a sale that were made for decorations for a restaurant. They were silver,  I put D&H lettering  on them and Gary Raymond ball bearing pickup wheels. THat replaced the wood trucks they had.

Well, just like the D&H colors. I have a Shark I made from the kits Rob Fern offered a few years back. Lettered some wood passenger cars I picked up at a sale that were made for decorations for a restaurant. They were silver,  I put D&H lettering  on them and Gary Raymond ball bearing pickup wheels. THat replaced the wood trucks they had.

post-49-0-90418300-1446132806_thumb.jpg