Installing Sound in Bachman Shay - TE Revolution

Loco

I would like to start figuring out how to get sound from a Bachman 2 truck Shay engine.

Will use TE Revolution controller and Track-Side receiver (allegedly comes with steam engine sound).

I am fine with the lower quality sound from this unit and do not feel the need to get better sound.

What do I need to buy and how do I install it?  Is there any tutorial for this?

I hope that all i need to do is buy a small speaker and install it into the Bachman - but I bet that level of simplicity is unlikely, lol.

Thanks.

I am unfamiliar with this system but I'd expect the speaker for the trackside receiver to be trackside, not in the loco.

I realise that this receiver may be fitted in a large loco or trailing car but the current draw of a Bachmann loco wouldn't justify such a powerful unit, an on board version would be better.

That makes sense.

The way I understand it now, please let me know if i'm wrong, is this.

TRACSIDE RECEIVER  - I will install this and my kid will be able to run his Ariso-Craft PCC trolley off track power, and can also run shay on track power - and for the shay he can use the steam stound from a trackside speaker connected to the MW 240-24  power supply and Trackside Receiver.

ONBOARD RECEIVER - I need to get one of these for the shay if I want the sound to come from the engine itself and if I want it to have smoke  (I think i need an adapter to run the sound sytem and also a smoke board?). 

As before I'm speaking from limited experience but I'm pretty sure the Bachmann loco won't need any modification to operate the smoke unit when running via a trackside unit.  However Bachmann smoke units don't have an wonderful reputation for smoke. I think that they need about 12V on the rails to smoke but the loco needs a fair bit less than this to move at a reasonable speed.

Confusion may occur as I think Crest suggest using a smoke unit adapter if fitting an on board receiver.

Yes I am somewhat confused about smoke and sound with the Trackside one - If I can use the Bachmann's smoke and trackside sound from the receiver that would be awesome!  Where could I find out more info about this? 

Thanks - yes i did check out the manual and several sites online that discuss the crest trackside - I don't recall reading anything about the smoke - except for the onboard units it mentioned that you need some adapter board for the smoke to work.  Regarding the trackside one - I have been looking everywhere i can find to figure out about smoke generation - Due to lack of finding any information I had started assuming that with the trackside one i could not use the smoke function of the engine - and that the smoke board was a necessary add-on to make the Onboard receiver capable of having the engine produce smoke.  Yes i do understand that the sound will come from trackside and that the engine itself produces the smoke.

I will look at the manual of the engine closely also to learn about how the smoke works.