MTH DCS & Protosound - System Information & Overview Videos

Rayman4449

For those who may not have seen, wanted to post links and info on the overview video series and page I have setup to educate on what the system is and how it operates.

Main page: www.rayman4449.com/DCS_Overview_Videos.htm (Full page with all detail information)

Overview of Remote and menus:  www.rayman4449.com/DCS_Overview_Videos.htm#DCS_Remote_Photo_Overview

Overview videos:  www.rayman4449.com/DCS_Overview_Videos.htm#Overview_Videos 

Part 1 of 5:

Part 2 of 5:

Part 3 of 5:

Part 4 of 5:

Part 5 of 5: (1 of 2)

Part 5 of 5: (2 of 2)

So what are the advantages of the system?

• Every factory MTH engine comes pre-installed with full Sound, Digital Remote Control, Lights and Smoke.  (There's nothing more to buy or pay people to install so it's cost effective)
  • Control unlimited number of trains with single $309.00 TIU and Wireless Hand-held remote set.  
  • Easily adaptable to battery power/function by on-boarding the TIU to Box car/Passenger Car/B-Unit.  (No amperage limits on TIU)
    • Can still use TIU for track power or run TIU in train under track power if visiting another track power layout. Nothing to connect to layout, no concern about track level communication, just put train on and go.(Please email me for more info and cost)
    • Once TIU setup for battery power, the only thing needed to add additional engines is wire each one with battery connector and selector switch ($70-100 depending on engine)

The remote and menus are intuitive and can be as advanced or as simple as you want it to be.  If you just want to run the train and blow the whistle, you can do that with clearly labeled buttons on the remote.  Because this system is designed to compete in the O gauge market it does have excellent quality sound.

Non-MTH engines can be equipped with Protosound (Please email me for more info)

Raymond

I'd like to give Raymond a big thank you and endorse his service.

Whilst I don't personally run MTH several of my friends do. With my electrical background I'm sometimes called upon to attend to their stuff of various brands.

I have found Ray's website and email messages invaluable.

I would doubtless use Ray's Protosound install on non-MTH engines if we were in the USA but the risks and expense of shipping say a Bachmann K27 both ways across the Atlantic are considerable.

Solution, he shipped the Protosound kit to me and helped with all my questions resulting in a successful installation.

Thanks again Ray