Stretched MTH passenger trucks

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engineer Joe, I use a general epoxy resin, a 2 to 1 mix from Fiberglass Coatings in St. Petersburg Fl. and I mix it with micro balloons to what ever consistency the part requires, sometimes runny, and sometimes thick depending on the part. I also will sometimes mix flox, which is ground cotton fibers, if the part is structural and needs some strength. I sometimes will lay a bed of epoxy mix, like I described, and then back it up with fiberglass cloth, such as needed on train car sides and roofs. If I am making a part, and I see that there might be a problem getting the part out of the mold, sometimes I will make the mold in three parts, or sometimes four. The F type cabs have 5 parts to the mold. Bob.

• 2 years later...

His cars are excellent.  I hope someday to detail some of my cars that detailed.  He is an expert builder.  Note all of the table settings are 1:32.  I have not found a source for 1:32 dishes and cups etc.  I think they made their own. His window frame detail is spot on.  Bob.