MTH 2015 One Gauge Catalog

Rayman4449

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that drive it seems it would be easy to do 844.  Use the Big Boy front end, they are the same, probably the cab also, so just the boiler/smokebox changes, but again some BB parts could be used.

A MTH GS-4 just sold on eBay last saturday for like $800.00..I think as I had it on my watch list. I know the 5 passenger cars that sold as a set new brought $800.00  :)

But there was also a 20% buyers fee as it was a Stout Auction  :(

Well, it's certainly within reach.

I do have a lot of things to buy first, though. If it comes along at the right time - or even the wrong time (like the N scale 4449) ... well ...

If anyone spots one on the market, I would like a heads up, please.

Jens

There was a beautiful condition, red white and blue GS4 listed for sale a few weeks ago. I had just bought several new ones. I passed as it was too soon for another. It sold for $800!! I think there was only one bid. I am still sick about missing that one.

They are using a standard thumbnail that they use for this Info box across the different product line pages on their website, clicking the image brings you to the correct page for One Gauge catalogs.  

In building and maintaining a website decisions have to be made with how complex it is made and how time consuming it is to keep it updated correctly like in this case using a single standard image for the "Catalogs" box as opposed to a different one for each product line.  

What....where...when.....what???

Ahhh shoot. I was hoping there was at least a cover shot to look at by now. I'll say this for MTH 1 gauge, they leave us hoping!

Slap some PS3 into all the 1 gauge engines already released and I'd be happy. Where's that Andy??? I gotta talk to him bout sometin'. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I just read recently where MTH announced the next S scale catalog won't be released until everything in the last catalog has shipped.

I'll beat they're doing the same with the One-Gauge catalog??!!  

I just read recently where MTH announced the next S scale catalog won't be released until everything in the last catalog has shipped.

I'll beat they're doing the same with the One-Gauge catalog??!!  

If they sent out the 2015 catalog now, they'd probably get flamed for not having shipped the 2013 stuff, so that does make sense.

Maybe a 2015-16 catalog as I seem to recall Andy mentioned for one of the other scales?

Jens

Soon?

Cool !!

:)

I've settled all down about it, but I'm sorta hoping they'll announce ATSF and/or Amtrak 1956 hi-levels. Super Chief coaches would do also, but looking at the current catalog, they're most likely going for stuff that can be made in many liveries, which of course makes sense in a relatively small market.

Okay so no new catalog after Andy's announcement over 11 weeks ago...he did say a "few" weeks??

Another deadline Andy missed is the July 4th announcement of DCS v.4.31...here's his exact quote...

A new version of DCS software is being developed that will address the following bugs currently in DCS 4.30: random loss of a TIU channel; Light/Smoke random toggling issue; Lash up volume settings; Lash up lighting settings.[Editors note - some of these are already corrected in the current DCS 4.31 beta.]

This version is being developed now along with the changes to the TIU code necessary to allow the new WiFi module to communicate with the TIU. The new DCS software will be released on or before the new WiFi box and the app versions have been released. MTH will announce a formal date for the release of the software, the WiFi box and the app on or before July 4th.

I for one am starting to get tired of this nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2015 One-Gauge Catalog has been released.

MTH-OneGauge-Catalog-2015.pdf

I don't have any pricing avail yet.

The Big Boy is the new addition to the 2015 catalog.

4014:  Will be an Oil Burner (with Oil bunker in place of coal in the tender)

4012:  Will be a Coal Burner like the original 4004 engine previously released.

Big Boy updates/enhancements:

-  PS3 w/DCC decoder built in (vs original PS2)

- Diff between PS2 and PS3 (Click here)

-  Lights will be all LED

- Headlight will have automatic Rule 17 (auto dimming when stopped)

-  Two new road numbers 4014 and 4012  (original release was 4004)

-  Smoking whistle and quillable whistle 

- Note:  One Gauge Triplex was the first MTH engine in any scale with smoking whistle and believe this will be the second)

-  Kadee compatible front coupler (vs non-functional on original release)

-  Wireless drawbar (vs original wired tender tether cable)

-  Sound file:  New updated PS3 file

-  MTH notes they will do all new recordings of the engine in operation once the 4014 is restored and make new PS3 and PS2 files that will be made available for free download.  

(PS2 file will be for the original production Big Boys)

**Please note that the 4014 engine will be an oil burner and will have an oil bunker in place of the coal load similar to what you see in this photo below**

post-16-0-08223900-1445273488_thumb.jpg

I'm a little disappointed lately. My new CSX dash 8 came with 2 rear fixed pilots and no front one. Maybe they were rushed to get these shipped out? Just seems like G scale is not a priority. I'm glad they're still producing. I had hoped for a little more.