• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Raymond,

Got a new project to keep me busy until the BigBoy arrival. Decided to do some S-scale. Ordered some MTH S-scale ore cars for my AF GN Challenger. Have an AF SD70ac coming today. My first train was an AF PA Comet passenger set back in 1956; still have it up in the attic; time to bring it down.

..................JIm

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

6 hours ago, Rayman4449 said:

MTH has just revealed that the One Gauge Big Boy will ship with a roller base so you can run the engine on static display.  Each engine will come with the roller base in the box.

Nice. Did MTH post that info anywhere. Or was is just sent to dealers ?

From what was said they would be coming in three separate groups from overseas with supposedly the first batches being sent out in a week or so and the rest arriving over the course of the next 3 weeks.  MTH does have a completed sample of the 4014 with oil tender.

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

MTH website is showing the GS locos with a June 2017 shipping date!

http://mthtrains.com/70-3029-1

Haha, yes, I wasn't going to admit that I've been checking that frequently as well. :) I'm hoping this means everything (2015 and 2017 catalogs) is lined up at the factory for now through summer, and we won't have to wait so long after all! Now let's see if they get the Big Boys out this month as currently scheduled.

The MTH One Gauge Big Boys are now in-fact shipping and have some on the way.  My orders will be filled in the order they were originally placed but from what MTH has indicated the full delivery of engines should be here in the next 3 weeks. 

Video of the first 4014:  

For those who have been notified of their arrival of their engine, I will be reaching out when each engine is ready.  These are taking time to fully inspect and test.