The Really Big Bridge Shoe

Got a big bridge?

Do you have a large bridge as the centerpiece of your model railroad layout or diorama or garden railroad?  If so, you know the details around it have to be right for it to look its best.  Bridge shoes are one of those important details.  Too often we see magnificent railroad bridges sitting on tiny bridge shoes. 

You need a big bridge shoe!

While the HO & N scale worlds have a nice selection of bridge shoes, here in O & G scales we have to make do with small, undersized shoes.  These can look pretty silly holding up our massive train bridges.  Here’s what I mean.  Take a look at the attached photo.  On the left, it shows a widely available bridge shoe sold as O scale size.  On the right is my product, The Really Big Shoe.  See the difference?

The Really Big Bridge Shoe dimensions:

Top:  1" x 1"

Height:  7/8"

Bottom:  1.25" x 1.25:

While I designed The Really Big Bridge Shoe for my O scale layout, it does a pretty good job for G scale trains as well.  It is an easy-to-build kit.  You paint it, glue it together (comes with 2 pages of complete and illustrated directions), weather it (if you wish), and install it.  It's made of durable, strong ABS black plastic.   They are sold in pairs. 

To get yours, please send e-mail to:  gpandelios@verizon.net

Thanks,

George

post-672-0-66769500-1430137205_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...