New USA Trains Locomotives!! (UP 4-8-4 Fef $3799.95, Heavyweight cars, etc)

Chuck

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I wonder if we will see it in Springfield in Jan ?

arslogo.png 

Saturday January 27, 2018 - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday January 28, 2018 - 10:00am - 5:00pm

The Eastern States Exposition Fairgrounds
1305 Memorial Avenue
West Springfield MA. 01089

I'll be calling USAT later this week for some parts and I'll inquire if they plan on showing it at Amherst :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

What's amazing is USA publicly announced the FEF back in March...7 months later the prototype shows up!

Meanwhile AML can't even get a friggin' plastic boxcar out the door...after over 4 years :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24): :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24): :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24): :Tears_of_Joy_Emoji(24x24):

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2017 at 5:40 AM, Sean said:

arslogo.png 

1305 Memorial Avenue

Sean, Was on the phone with USAT recently and asked Mike in service about it and he thought yes it will be at the Amherst show.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:40 AM, Sean said:

arslogo.png 

1305 Memorial Avenue

Sean, I was there. I don't know what you look like. There were so many people it probably doesn't matter. I did get to say hello to Mr. Ro. (Sr.)

In a rare moment, there was so much to see, I was overwhelmed! I grabbed another auto carrier and left. It's tough when you're broke.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Okay, Noticed that Charles Ro Supply has pushed back the FEF-3 delivery date until 1/31/2019. That does makes sense as the Big Boy prototype was shown about a year before they shipped....that gives me another year to save up $$$ for one. :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24):

The heavyweight cars have been pushed back until November and boy do they look nice! Those things are gonna be huge! :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign_Emoji_large(24x24):

heavyweights1.thumb.jpg.31afdd49df4120588fffb7f01f6b073e.jpg

heavyweights2.thumb.jpg.f3e3df5142cac5cb8e31a4343ab71131.jpg

heavyweights3.thumb.jpg.d072e77aed0fd5f14db3391fbc47a804.jpg

heavyweights4.thumb.jpg.26be71f49485d37820beed17945b52c6.jpg

heavyweights5.thumb.jpg.2603c5543f343031ede1f218d0f976b3.jpg  

• 5 months later...

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

More news as the heavyweight passenger cars delivery date has been pushed back 6 months to April 2019. 

Well, I can't say I'm surprised... but I appreciate hearing this update. I'm hoping I can buy of few of these next year... maybe at the NGRC in Portland if they are here by then. My K4 needs passenger cars.

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up that Charles Ro Supply Co. has once again pushed back the FEF delivery date 8 months...

Here's the actual edit..."PRE-ORDERS ACCEPTED-EXPECTED AVAILABILITY BY 09/16/2019" :Hushed_Face_Emoji_large(24x24):

• 1 month later...

Well the heavyweight cars have been pushed back "about 3 months" says Ro. That means say July but I'll bet more towards Christmas 2019...That's only 8 months from now and that time will go by fast. 

Yvesvidal...nice engine! :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24): 

• 5 weeks later...

The heavyweights never excited me; my friend Brian on here has a whole set of the UPs on pre-order, and when he (eventually?) gets those, I'm sure they'll be gorgeous.

I've got FEF-3 #838 in N scale from Kato; great little engine. Wasn't sure I was going to be interested in the G scale version of it, but with USAT dramatically unlikely to make another run of either the Hudsons or Big Boys, when these are available I'll probably get a black 844. I love my Hudson, and I'm sure I'll have fun running these two together at some point in the (distant?) future. Too bad the rear two tender trucks aren't articulated like the N scale version... maybe then this beast would fit on a 10ft curve, lol.

How about the USA Big Boy do they have any plans on re making that locomotive since 4014 is back in business?  I yet have plans on getting one in the future do any of you guys have one for sale?

Those of us who don't have a USAT Big Boy are really hoping that USAT re-runs those monsters. I'd love to have one, even though I don't have the track or the space to run one (yet). USAT/Charles Ro has said they've re-acquired all their molds from China, so theoretically once they find a new production site they could start re-running all their 1:29 ultimate series stuff, and hopefully the Hudson/Big Boys. My thinking on this is they'll most likely focus on getting the FEFs and the heavyweights out the door first, and once those are moving then they'll start thinking about what ultimate series stuff to run first (55ft tank cars, anyone? How about some 4-bays?), and if we're really, REALLY lucky, we might see an announcement about Hudsons and Big Boys coming back sometime around ECLSTS 2021... with first units being delivered sometime around Summer 2022-Winter 2023.

MAYBE.