New USA Trains Locomotives!! (UP 4-8-4 Fef $3799.95, Heavyweight cars, etc)

Chuck

Yes, I also wish they would re-issue the Big Boy to celebrate the resurrection of the #2014.

Same here, I do not have the space or tracks but would love a queen shelf for the time being.

Yves

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've lost interest in 1:29 scale. Going back to what brought me into this G Gauge world to begin with and that was low cost MTH 1:32 back in about 2000.

With only USA Trains making 1:29 and product dribbling out I've lost interest. 

• 3 months later...

• 2 months later...

On the MTH timelines, don't link MTH dates with dates from other companies.  As I always note, for the MTH dates stay focused on when the product was officially announced in their catalog and figure up to 2 years for actual delivery (regardless of whatever date you currently see on the MTH website).  I have seen this over and over again, a product is announced, then there are 10 pages of discussing/guessing as to when it will arrive and like clockwork, 2 years from announcement we see shipment.  Watch the MTH dates but keep the 2 year 'rule' in the back of your mind.

Sorry Ray did not mean to imply that the 2 companies were the same nor did I want to start a debate. I agree with the 2 year rule as it has proven to be true (GS4 was worth the wait.). So sorry for kicking the dead horse was just being hopeful on the baggage cars.

Interesting as it was right around 3/28/2017 that USA Trains made it official that the FEF & heavyweights were chosen to be produced...Almost 3 years to the new delivery date of 4/16/2020.

Hard to believe this topic is going on 5 years old.  

Next few days will be interesting as Charles Ro is still showing a delivery date of 12/16/2019 for the FEF. 

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice to see at least one version released soon, but I'll believe it when people start posting pics and videos of their FEFs running their layouts. I'm still probably going to try to get an 844, but we'll see what happens, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Sean,

Thanks as looks nice! 

Few questions...Was the Black 844 version also shown or do you think USA just painted it into 2-tone Grey?

Me...Think I'll wait for AML to make the Dryfess Hudson...same price but more iconic :Slightly_Smiling_Face_Emoji(24x24): 

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Was told the FEF delay has to do with the smoke unit getting too hot and needing a re-design. They are hoping for late summer/early fall release. At least it gives me some time to pay off the heavyweights. 

Just got them in. first thoughts are wow super heavy im guessing around 10-12 lbs. they use the same type of power pick up as the MTH cars. between the weight and the pick ups acting like brakes there is a lot of drag. Good news is they match up nicely with the aristo heavyweights. same height but a little longer so I believe they will look great with the MTH challenger. just getting them open now I'll post more pictures a little later.

IMG_3710[1].JPG

IMG_3708[1].JPG

That is really nice to hear they are same height as aristo and thus would go good with an MTH Challenger.  When you get time would be great to see some aristo vs usa side by side photos.  They look sharp!