Which USA Trains new steam locomotives would you most like?

Rayman4449

Poll - New USA Trains steam locomotives offering  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the new possible/proposed USA Trains steam engines would you most like to see made?

• Pennsylvania - K4
    • Union Pacific - (FEF-3) 4-8-4
    • Union Pacific - Challenger
    • New York Central - Dreyfuss Hudson
  2. 2. What would be your second choice?

• Pennsylvania - K4
  3. 3. What would be your third choice?

• Pennsylvania - K4
  4. 4. What would be your fourth choice?

• Pennsylvania - K4
  5. 5. If all four were made, which ones would you buy? (Select all that apply)

• Pennsylvania - K4
  6. 6. Would you buy an N&W 611 if it was added to the list?

7. 7. How would an N&W 611 rank in order of your preference?

8. 8. Would you buy an F40PH diesel?

Great survey, I hope lots of people vote! So far the results are mostly in agreement with my opinion, so let's hurry up and get that FEF-3 built. :)

However if you're going to add N&W 611, I'd also be interested in hearing how people would rank SP 4449. N&W 611 is understandably the most talked about engine right now, but with #4449 nearing completion of the rebuild it might gain more attention again too. I'm hoping both gain enough attention to make UP management jealous.

Also, in California there's no comparison: SP is by far the most popular road name with Daylights and Cab Forwards dominating the model world, followed by UP with FEF-3s, Big Boys, and Challengers. I've been going to train shows since I was a kid, and I didn't even know about popular east coast locomotives like the 611 or the Dreyfuss Hudson until recent years when I started really learning about trains across the country (and the around the world for that matter).

Thanks for the feedback Ben :)  I was thinking of creating another poll for wider feedback across more locomotives.  My main reason for including the 611 is because it's one that has been missing from G scale and continues to be the one engine I hear people ask about outside of Big Boys.  (I think that's mainly because there have been two versions of the 4449 so far.  If USA made a 4449 I'd probably sell my accucraft and get a full USA train. 

Ray, thanks for posting the survey. I would assume Charlie Ro would be about 2-3 years before anything will be produced based on design, tooling and component production. At least he's got a plan to provide some new models to the hobby. His products are of the highest quality. Just one suggestion for USA Trains, add a plug and play board for DCC, RCC and battery.

• 2 weeks later...

• 11 months later...

On 6/20/2016 at 2:03 PM, Rayman4449 said:

I am hearing that USA Trains is going to produce the UP FEF3 (4-8-4).

Wow, that is excellent news! It was my first choice from their survey. Here's hoping they have a sample at the NGRC next month! (I will be there and will take many, many photos if they do.)

On 6/23/2016 at 1:33 PM, Chris Lepore said:

I'll have to see the UP FEF in person before I make up my mind to buy it, I would have preferred the Dreyfuss Hudson. Did you hear anything about the Heavyweight passenger cars?

I haven't heard anything else other than the UP FEF.