Mikado

mjltuk

A little further research, before committing the conn. rods to the Rayman treatment.

With the drive-train out of the way the quartering doesn't look too good:

post-973-0-15008300-1446476368_thumb.jpg

post-973-0-53736300-1446476391_thumb.jpg

but running at low voltage doesn't look so bad to me on the vid:

My Movie2.wmv

So still a bit of a dilemma for me.

What do you think please?

I can be hard to tell from looking at pictures but in cases where the drivers were firmly affixed to the axle ends reworking the rod holes will relieve the stress/binding of the rods.  I don't recall a situation where quartering was so bad that reworking the holes wouldn't cover it.  If the quartering of a particular driver is bad enough then you can loosen, adjust and retighten but make sure you use a torch to heat the screwdriver tip or you run the risk of snapping the screw off in the axle end and giving you a much more serious problem.  Because of this I recommend just redoing the rod holes.  So basically I don't have much more to share than what I've already provided.

Thank you very much indeed Ray.

So that's ovalling out the three holes in the connecting rods to drivers #1, #2 and #4 on both sides then = 6 holes.

What about the big hole (king-pin?) to driver #3?

I promise this will be my last Question on this thread!

Mike

All done today without any problems! Much better slow speed running - and, even more importantly, I got to learn how to take all the drive train off and put it back together again!

Very many Thanks to all contributors but in particular to our host Ray. You sir are a star as well as a gentleman.

Best

mike

Very many Thanks to all contributors but in particular to our host Ray. You sir are a star as well as a gentleman.

mike

Great Now we will never hear the end ...

PS. I agree